Skip to main content

12/16/11 Games


    Hey, everyone. I was on the I-Pad just now and noticed that you can buy the I-Phone version (plays fine on I-Pad too) of Plants Vs. Zombies for 99 cents. One of the best games on the store, for sure. Also, Asphalt 6, Adrenaline HD has gone free today. It is the best racing game on the store. Let me say that my version was bought some time ago. I was reading some reviews on the store and it may be that Gameloft has inserted more in app purchase stuff to cover this game going free. Still, just refrain from buying stuff for real money and you're cool. Also, it looks like Gameloft has put out some free versions of other games. I can't check them without downloading a new version so just use your head. Chief among them is 9MM, one of my favorite games. The free version may be a partial game or ad supported. I don't know.
     This morning I downloaded several more freebies but I haven't had time to try them, so I wouldn't be able to recommend them yet. I got a shooter, on-line variety, called Frontline Commando, an RPG called Evertales, Real Soccer 2012, Tires of Fury, Epic Truck and Real Tennis. If any of them turn out to be massively fun, I'll holler at you. That is southern for, I'll let you know.
     The previous post, I had mentioned a game and got the title a bit wrong. I'm talking about a freebie called Puzzle 26, The 7th Day.
   One final note. One of my favorite match three games is free today. It is Akzend. If you like that genre, try it.
    From the author's green retreat, I'm CE Wills.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dr. Simon's Exoskeleton (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. Nice to be back with you after a tough, hectic week. We have had some snow, sleet, fog, drizzle, torrential rain and flooding this week.      I'd like to talk, yet again, about Shadowgun , the shooter game for I-Padster. I was much further along than what I thought when I posted about some of the battles yet to be faced for those of you who had just killed the Driller. The fact is that I am on the last level. This level has Dr. Simon, the resident evil nutcase, inhabiting a monstrous, powerful robot. His brain resides in a bubble on top, much like a cherry on a hot fudge Sunday. (Yes, I am still on my eating binge) It is a tremendous fight because you not only have to kill this huge semi-person, but there are a bunch of mutant guards, flying drones etc. to deal with at the same time. I had played the darn level about thirty times and decided to check out someone else's battle. So I went to You-Tube and typed in, Dr. Simon Exoskelet...

To Kill A Lobster (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. I had not planned on posting tonight but I have to make something right. I gave Shadowgun a good review last night but I didn't do it justice. Tonight I got past the vicious Cyber Lobster and went on to play a lot more. This is a terrific game! Last night I would have rated it 4 stars out of 5. Tonight I give it 5 stars out of 5. By the way, here's a spoiler alert. If you don't want to know how to kill the lobster, don't read any further. I say this because I had several people come to the blog that were looking for the silver bullet ( figure of speech from old Dracula movies, not literal weapon for lobster) to kill this behemoth.      When the monster appears, he starts firing missiles at you out of his mechanical mouth. Don't run and hide behind a barrier. Get close to him and run back and forth, dodging missiles until you can blast the lime colored ball of light that appears periodically over his head. I suspect that this is hi...

Shadowgun: Killing The Windbreaker

    Hey, everyone. I thought it might be a good time for a bit of an update on the riveting game called Shadowgun. Consider this your spoiler alert and tune out if you want to.     Once you get past the dreaded Driller, things get better but you are certainly not out of the woods. You will want to make sure you keep a full clip in your gun as you stroll through the realm of the evil and crazy Dr. Simon. But hey, you're John Slade, the Shadowgun, and wherever you set your foot is the place to which your authority extends.      I love the way that some of the barriers disintegrate under the impact of bullets. I didn't learn this at my mother's knee but I darn sure know it now. I have learned that there are certain places it is good to plan on using the rocket launcher. Keep your stock of those filled. There are these transporter guys who are aggressive punks. The only way they respect you is if you kill them, so that's the way I roll. As...