Skip to main content

The Limp Santa

     Santa has had a tough Christmas season this year. He is now emaciated and limp as a noodle. Yet he still has the big night ahead of him. He has so many deliveries that UPS couldn't even help him. Yet he keeps a brave smile on his face. He landed here at the green retreat, hoping for a little peace and quiet. He said he just had to get away from those noisy elves. So he just hung about with me all day Saturday.
     The dude reads the blog, I guess, and he was a bit irritated with me for my earlier blog about Christmas. He did acknowledge that those retailers who doubled the price of toys for this time of year, would get a lump of coal in their stocking.
      I bought a game yesterday. It is called Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters. I haven't played it much but it seems a bit repetitive. It was on sale for 99 cents, so there wasn't much of a gamble. I'll get back to you if it is good. So far, you dodge aliens and blast them with green blasts from your ring. Then you dodge asteroids and throw up a force field in front of your face. If Thor goes on sale for the holiday, I expect to buy it too, because  I am into super heroes. Hey, in Green Lantern, you can grab an alien and swat him with a green baseball bat you create. The screen declares "Home Run!" Still, I wouldn't rush out to buy this game right now.
     Duty, and breakfast, calls. Adios.
I'm CE Wills.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Kill A Lobster (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. I had not planned on posting tonight but I have to make something right. I gave Shadowgun a good review last night but I didn't do it justice. Tonight I got past the vicious Cyber Lobster and went on to play a lot more. This is a terrific game! Last night I would have rated it 4 stars out of 5. Tonight I give it 5 stars out of 5. By the way, here's a spoiler alert. If you don't want to know how to kill the lobster, don't read any further. I say this because I had several people come to the blog that were looking for the silver bullet ( figure of speech from old Dracula movies, not literal weapon for lobster) to kill this behemoth.      When the monster appears, he starts firing missiles at you out of his mechanical mouth. Don't run and hide behind a barrier. Get close to him and run back and forth, dodging missiles until you can blast the lime colored ball of light that appears periodically over his head. I suspect that this is hi...

Dr. Simon's Exoskeleton (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. Nice to be back with you after a tough, hectic week. We have had some snow, sleet, fog, drizzle, torrential rain and flooding this week.      I'd like to talk, yet again, about Shadowgun , the shooter game for I-Padster. I was much further along than what I thought when I posted about some of the battles yet to be faced for those of you who had just killed the Driller. The fact is that I am on the last level. This level has Dr. Simon, the resident evil nutcase, inhabiting a monstrous, powerful robot. His brain resides in a bubble on top, much like a cherry on a hot fudge Sunday. (Yes, I am still on my eating binge) It is a tremendous fight because you not only have to kill this huge semi-person, but there are a bunch of mutant guards, flying drones etc. to deal with at the same time. I had played the darn level about thirty times and decided to check out someone else's battle. So I went to You-Tube and typed in, Dr. Simon Exoskelet...

Shadowgun: Killing The Windbreaker

    Hey, everyone. I thought it might be a good time for a bit of an update on the riveting game called Shadowgun. Consider this your spoiler alert and tune out if you want to.     Once you get past the dreaded Driller, things get better but you are certainly not out of the woods. You will want to make sure you keep a full clip in your gun as you stroll through the realm of the evil and crazy Dr. Simon. But hey, you're John Slade, the Shadowgun, and wherever you set your foot is the place to which your authority extends.      I love the way that some of the barriers disintegrate under the impact of bullets. I didn't learn this at my mother's knee but I darn sure know it now. I have learned that there are certain places it is good to plan on using the rocket launcher. Keep your stock of those filled. There are these transporter guys who are aggressive punks. The only way they respect you is if you kill them, so that's the way I roll. As...