Skip to main content

Game Review: Zombie Sniper

    Hey, everyone. As you know, I am a Zombie Advocate, one who is concerned with the mistreatment of zombies. Unfortunately, I recently was asked to help deal with a zombie outbreak in a major city. To do so, I had to go to a futuristic world and the city to which I was sent was so desolate that I could not say with any certainty where I was at. I do know that it was a dark, cloudless night and I had situated my sniper 'nest' on top of a high building that bordered a large city square. Thus I had a tremendous open area before me, even though I was in the city. In such a position I felt I could bring the outbreak under control and protect the few humans left alive.
   It was a chilly night, or was it just the creepy feeling one gets when he knows that there are creatures a prowl who desire your life's blood? It is hard not to constantly look behind you, believe me. At least until I heard the grunts below me in the city square. I maneuvered my rifle in the general direction of a dark blob, then hit the scope button. In the reticule, I saw a shuffling figure leap into clear view. It was a zombie, alright, moving from right to left, and he was accompanied by a second zombie. I chose one of them and 'led' him by the smallest bit, due to the great distance that my bullet would have to travel. I did it just the way they had taught me at the academy's training program, which was extensive and rather a pain in the butt.
    I gently squeezed the trigger and saw the zombie fall to the ground, sadly the worse for wear. Calmly, I shifted to his partner in crime and put him down with a single shot. That's when I heard a woman scream. The scream actually made me jump, even though it came from the top of a building, far to my left and across the square. I put my scope over there and found her. There seemed to be no one close to her and I was at a loss for why she was so panic stricken until I saw the huge, mutated bird flapping toward her. It looked like it may have been a crow or a raven at one time during its miserable life. Now it was just big and aggressive looking. I quickly sighted on the beast and made feather's fly from a distance of several hundred yards. The lady's screams ceased, thank goodness. I had used my skills to save a human life. The skills that had made my boss transport me from another time to help save humanity.
    Speaking of my boss, I think that he is a bit warped. He has instigated a warped system of goals which I can only describe as macabre. If I shoot out lights, I get so many points. I suppose that his thought is that a sniper has the advantage in darkness, as long as he has an infrared scope. I am ashamed to admit that he keeps score of zombie kills as well and worse than that, he pays a bounty on zombies. At any rate, shooting out the lights is a fun diversion compared to killing the hapless creatures who shamble about the city streets. The toughest creatures to deal with thus far are the mutated hounds who hop like rabbits but are as big as a rhino.
    Hey, everyone. Let me come out of character for a while so I can finish this review. This game is surprising. The overall graphics of the game are not that great and the training is a lengthy pain in the wazoo but I really like this freebie game. I went back and bought the expansion pack almost immediately. Forgive me for the role playing at the beginning, but hey, I'm a writer and writers tell a few whoppers. The expansion pack is 99 cents and you'll have to go back through the training program, which teaches you to shoot ahead of the targets. Check out the free version but if you like it, I'd buy the full version fairly early so you don't have to go all the way through the training again.
    This game came out last night about 1:30 in the morning and I just happened to notice it on the excellent app called App Shopper. It seems like there are a lot of updates and games to talk about this week but I don't have time right now. This is the best week for new stuff since Christmas, it seems.
     The developer of this game put his graphics money into the scope and its targets. You have to use your imagination a bit, but I like this game.
     From the last line of defense for the future of humankind, I'm CE Wills.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shadowgun: Killing The Windbreaker

    Hey, everyone. I thought it might be a good time for a bit of an update on the riveting game called Shadowgun. Consider this your spoiler alert and tune out if you want to.     Once you get past the dreaded Driller, things get better but you are certainly not out of the woods. You will want to make sure you keep a full clip in your gun as you stroll through the realm of the evil and crazy Dr. Simon. But hey, you're John Slade, the Shadowgun, and wherever you set your foot is the place to which your authority extends.      I love the way that some of the barriers disintegrate under the impact of bullets. I didn't learn this at my mother's knee but I darn sure know it now. I have learned that there are certain places it is good to plan on using the rocket launcher. Keep your stock of those filled. There are these transporter guys who are aggressive punks. The only way they respect you is if you kill them, so that's the way I roll. As you know by now, their strategy

Shadowgun: Crushing The Driller On Level 4

      Hey, everyone. Let's talk about the game called Shadowgun, the I-Pad game with which I have a love-hate relationship. Most of you who made it past the evil Cyber Lobster are doubtless locked in a death struggle with the Driller at the end of level 4. At this point you have been in the cave for a long time. The Driller breaks through the rock wall and chases you through the tunnel as you try to shoot out the green lights which slows the Driller down. If you are slick enough to shoot out all the lights and emerge from the cave, a rolling door crashes on the Driller and crushes his aggravating carcass. I have tried and failed to beat the Driller at least 250 times. I hate the Driller to the heights and depths my soul can reach. I hate it like a plague. I hate it with intensity of feeling. I hate it like a rich man hates taxes. Excuse me, I got carried away.       We had a big dinner here at the green retreat and my friend Trevor was here today. He is my gaming consultant. I tol

To Kill A Lobster (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. I had not planned on posting tonight but I have to make something right. I gave Shadowgun a good review last night but I didn't do it justice. Tonight I got past the vicious Cyber Lobster and went on to play a lot more. This is a terrific game! Last night I would have rated it 4 stars out of 5. Tonight I give it 5 stars out of 5. By the way, here's a spoiler alert. If you don't want to know how to kill the lobster, don't read any further. I say this because I had several people come to the blog that were looking for the silver bullet ( figure of speech from old Dracula movies, not literal weapon for lobster) to kill this behemoth.      When the monster appears, he starts firing missiles at you out of his mechanical mouth. Don't run and hide behind a barrier. Get close to him and run back and forth, dodging missiles until you can blast the lime colored ball of light that appears periodically over his head. I suspect that this is his AI, but Cybe