Skip to main content

Tracks, Cheroots and the Super Bowl




     Hey, everyone. First of all, I'd like to thank a nice lady called Marcia Carrington for her kind review of my short story titled Tale of the Black Mushroom, over on Smashwords. She is a romance novelist and I went to Lulu Books and downloaded her story called Looking Back. I enjoyed it very much. An odd, peaceful feeling came over me as I read this story about an elderly lady's look at her life. I suppose that this is because I have been a bit frustrated with my own life, lately, and was in need of some perspective on the whole aging thing. I will give you a link to her books below.
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/MarciaCarrington
     In other news, I went tracking today in an area several miles from my home. The last time I went to this place, the group I was with found a ton of tracks. Today, not so good. I found almost no tracks and surmised that this was due to the fact that we had torrential rains recently that not only washed away existing tracks but filled pools in the deeper woods to the point that it was unnecessary for the animals to come to even this remote place. It was fun to prowl around, anyway, and since Carley was at work, I felt like an adventurer, just to get out by myself. I did find a few deer tracks and some excrement that looked like a cheroot, though I wouldn't smoke it. Ha, ha.
    The blog gets more and more visitors from more and more nations. I find this interesting, though I hope that my visitors don't get the idea that all Americans are as crazy as I.
    The Super Bowl hype is reaching hysteric proportions. I went to the app store and downloaded a couple of apps for that subject. One of them takes a whopping 1 GB of space and has a number of videos and articles. It is free, which is a good price, and I recommend it. It is called Super Bowl XLVI Game Program (hate that numbering). There were several features which I have already read. First and foremost, there was a wonderful article on my boyhood hero, the late, great, John Unitas. It was written by Ray Didinger and I was thrilled to see it. Great job on that, Ray. I have a football which was autographed by John. This guy hauled coal as a kid to support his family and started playing semi-pro ball for $6 a game. I wonder if Unitas is looking down at Tom Brady and Eli Manning and shaking his head at the changes in the salaries. Ha, ha. For more on John, and sports, click the label at the bottom of the blog for sports, animals or whatever your interest may be. All the articles are free, and add free.
    The app also has numerous photos and an article on the different super bowl rings that teams have had over the years. I liked that article very much as well. There was also a feature on the owner of the Colts, Jim Irsay.
    Well, I have more to say, but I am getting tired so I will call a halt to this missive. Thanks for reading and I bid you good evening, from the author's green retreat.
    I'm CE Wills.
   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shadowgun: Killing The Windbreaker

    Hey, everyone. I thought it might be a good time for a bit of an update on the riveting game called Shadowgun. Consider this your spoiler alert and tune out if you want to.     Once you get past the dreaded Driller, things get better but you are certainly not out of the woods. You will want to make sure you keep a full clip in your gun as you stroll through the realm of the evil and crazy Dr. Simon. But hey, you're John Slade, the Shadowgun, and wherever you set your foot is the place to which your authority extends.      I love the way that some of the barriers disintegrate under the impact of bullets. I didn't learn this at my mother's knee but I darn sure know it now. I have learned that there are certain places it is good to plan on using the rocket launcher. Keep your stock of those filled. There are these transporter guys who are aggressive punks. The only way they respect you is if you kill them, so that's the way I roll. As you know by now, their strategy

Shadowgun: Crushing The Driller On Level 4

      Hey, everyone. Let's talk about the game called Shadowgun, the I-Pad game with which I have a love-hate relationship. Most of you who made it past the evil Cyber Lobster are doubtless locked in a death struggle with the Driller at the end of level 4. At this point you have been in the cave for a long time. The Driller breaks through the rock wall and chases you through the tunnel as you try to shoot out the green lights which slows the Driller down. If you are slick enough to shoot out all the lights and emerge from the cave, a rolling door crashes on the Driller and crushes his aggravating carcass. I have tried and failed to beat the Driller at least 250 times. I hate the Driller to the heights and depths my soul can reach. I hate it like a plague. I hate it with intensity of feeling. I hate it like a rich man hates taxes. Excuse me, I got carried away.       We had a big dinner here at the green retreat and my friend Trevor was here today. He is my gaming consultant. I tol

To Kill A Lobster (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. I had not planned on posting tonight but I have to make something right. I gave Shadowgun a good review last night but I didn't do it justice. Tonight I got past the vicious Cyber Lobster and went on to play a lot more. This is a terrific game! Last night I would have rated it 4 stars out of 5. Tonight I give it 5 stars out of 5. By the way, here's a spoiler alert. If you don't want to know how to kill the lobster, don't read any further. I say this because I had several people come to the blog that were looking for the silver bullet ( figure of speech from old Dracula movies, not literal weapon for lobster) to kill this behemoth.      When the monster appears, he starts firing missiles at you out of his mechanical mouth. Don't run and hide behind a barrier. Get close to him and run back and forth, dodging missiles until you can blast the lime colored ball of light that appears periodically over his head. I suspect that this is his AI, but Cybe