Skip to main content

Shadowgun Tip


    Hey, everyone. It's a cold, snowy night, here at the green retreat. I have a fire going in the fireplace and I have been playing some games. I haven't played Shadowgun in quite a while. I was stuck on the Leftover Expansion Pack at the place where there doesn't seem to be any way to get into the control room with the glass wall. You could see several things inside that were lit up. For instance, the large blue gear which we are so used to seeing was in there. Well, I discovered that you have a yellow bullseye thing on the right side of the control room. You have to shoot that thing, through the glass. Make sure the red target is lit when you shoot it, just as you would on a human target. When you shoot the yellow bullseye the side door opens and you can go into the room. Heck, I had tried lobbing grenades through the fan and everything else.
   Once inside the room, John Slade closes a steam valve. This allows that red hot pipe to cool off. Lo and behold, when you return to the area of the pipe, there is a green, neon emblem of a running man there above the pipe. I tried shooting it but the game wants you to walk under it. When you do, a gear appears and you tap the gear. This causes you to fall through the floor and enter another level. It's a level where some of Toltec's geeks are tinkering with green vats full of goo, genetic code and who knows what else? Before you can get into that room, you must walk across a pipe and disable a force field.
     When you get inside the room with the geeks, they run away and call for a bunch of mercenaries. A battle royal ensues and it is a tough one. It seems that you die much easier in this level and I am beginning to think it is because there are cannisters of explosives which you are foolishly hiding behind. I had killed all of the first wave of bad guys once, then had to go back and start over.
    I am stuck again, as I am on so many other games. I will say, though, that it has been a treat to play Shadowgun again, with its amazing graphics and smooth gameplay. It is special.
    I think I'm going over to I-Tunes and watch Paul McCartney's concert. I understand that the songs are more like the songs from the era before the Beatles. More of a Tony Bennett style. It doesn't matter to me. I am very fond of Paul and I look forward to watching this 'made for the web' show. So I'll bid you goodnight from the author's green retreat.
    I'm CE Wills.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shadowgun: Killing The Windbreaker

    Hey, everyone. I thought it might be a good time for a bit of an update on the riveting game called Shadowgun. Consider this your spoiler alert and tune out if you want to.     Once you get past the dreaded Driller, things get better but you are certainly not out of the woods. You will want to make sure you keep a full clip in your gun as you stroll through the realm of the evil and crazy Dr. Simon. But hey, you're John Slade, the Shadowgun, and wherever you set your foot is the place to which your authority extends.      I love the way that some of the barriers disintegrate under the impact of bullets. I didn't learn this at my mother's knee but I darn sure know it now. I have learned that there are certain places it is good to plan on using the rocket launcher. Keep your stock of those filled. There are these transporter guys who are aggressive punks. The only way they respect you is if you kill them, so that's the way I roll. As you know by now, their strategy

Shadowgun: Crushing The Driller On Level 4

      Hey, everyone. Let's talk about the game called Shadowgun, the I-Pad game with which I have a love-hate relationship. Most of you who made it past the evil Cyber Lobster are doubtless locked in a death struggle with the Driller at the end of level 4. At this point you have been in the cave for a long time. The Driller breaks through the rock wall and chases you through the tunnel as you try to shoot out the green lights which slows the Driller down. If you are slick enough to shoot out all the lights and emerge from the cave, a rolling door crashes on the Driller and crushes his aggravating carcass. I have tried and failed to beat the Driller at least 250 times. I hate the Driller to the heights and depths my soul can reach. I hate it like a plague. I hate it with intensity of feeling. I hate it like a rich man hates taxes. Excuse me, I got carried away.       We had a big dinner here at the green retreat and my friend Trevor was here today. He is my gaming consultant. I tol

To Kill A Lobster (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. I had not planned on posting tonight but I have to make something right. I gave Shadowgun a good review last night but I didn't do it justice. Tonight I got past the vicious Cyber Lobster and went on to play a lot more. This is a terrific game! Last night I would have rated it 4 stars out of 5. Tonight I give it 5 stars out of 5. By the way, here's a spoiler alert. If you don't want to know how to kill the lobster, don't read any further. I say this because I had several people come to the blog that were looking for the silver bullet ( figure of speech from old Dracula movies, not literal weapon for lobster) to kill this behemoth.      When the monster appears, he starts firing missiles at you out of his mechanical mouth. Don't run and hide behind a barrier. Get close to him and run back and forth, dodging missiles until you can blast the lime colored ball of light that appears periodically over his head. I suspect that this is his AI, but Cybe