Skip to main content

I Feel Bad For Snedeker

    Hey, everyone. I took some time today to watch the British Open and I really enjoyed it. Adam Scott played terrific and leads for the start of the final round. The conditions were wonderful and it must have been a great day for the patrons.
    I was watching it on the telly, in HD, and must admit that HD is worth having. Only got this feature in the last couple of months. Much less painful to watch it this way than for the youngster who received a plonk on the head from Rory McElroy's errant shot. Classy of Rory to spring for the dude's hotel room.
    I felt bad for Snedeker, who had the lead and was playing without a single dropped shot until mid-round. Then the wheels came off just a bit. I like him a lot, though, and will probably pull for him to get back in it tomorrow. Another player I like is a youngster named Olesen. He was paired with Tiger today and I thought he had a great, relaxed demeanor. Watch out for this 22 year old in the coming years.
     I am game-planning the 4th and final novel in my Centaur series this weekend. I hope to finish it this summer and put all those characters to rest. Due to my flu bug, which I've endured for the past 10 days, I am a bit behind on my chores around the house, and will have to play a bit of catch-up on them.
    During the coverage of the golf championship today, they ran a bit of film showing near-by Liverpool. If I were fortunate enough to be there, there is no way that I would be denied going over and walking around town. Maybe, in my mind's eye, I could catch a glimpse of the fiery, young rebel named John Lennon and walk along Penny Lane. My Lord, that would be something to reflect on for the rest of your life, don't you think?
        I have a couple of things to do, but check back later, if you have time. I might have something else to post, from the author's green retreat.
    I'm CE Wills.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dr. Simon's Exoskeleton (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. Nice to be back with you after a tough, hectic week. We have had some snow, sleet, fog, drizzle, torrential rain and flooding this week.      I'd like to talk, yet again, about Shadowgun , the shooter game for I-Padster. I was much further along than what I thought when I posted about some of the battles yet to be faced for those of you who had just killed the Driller. The fact is that I am on the last level. This level has Dr. Simon, the resident evil nutcase, inhabiting a monstrous, powerful robot. His brain resides in a bubble on top, much like a cherry on a hot fudge Sunday. (Yes, I am still on my eating binge) It is a tremendous fight because you not only have to kill this huge semi-person, but there are a bunch of mutant guards, flying drones etc. to deal with at the same time. I had played the darn level about thirty times and decided to check out someone else's battle. So I went to You-Tube and typed in, Dr. Simon Exoskelet...

To Kill A Lobster (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. I had not planned on posting tonight but I have to make something right. I gave Shadowgun a good review last night but I didn't do it justice. Tonight I got past the vicious Cyber Lobster and went on to play a lot more. This is a terrific game! Last night I would have rated it 4 stars out of 5. Tonight I give it 5 stars out of 5. By the way, here's a spoiler alert. If you don't want to know how to kill the lobster, don't read any further. I say this because I had several people come to the blog that were looking for the silver bullet ( figure of speech from old Dracula movies, not literal weapon for lobster) to kill this behemoth.      When the monster appears, he starts firing missiles at you out of his mechanical mouth. Don't run and hide behind a barrier. Get close to him and run back and forth, dodging missiles until you can blast the lime colored ball of light that appears periodically over his head. I suspect that this is hi...

Shadowgun: Killing The Windbreaker

    Hey, everyone. I thought it might be a good time for a bit of an update on the riveting game called Shadowgun. Consider this your spoiler alert and tune out if you want to.     Once you get past the dreaded Driller, things get better but you are certainly not out of the woods. You will want to make sure you keep a full clip in your gun as you stroll through the realm of the evil and crazy Dr. Simon. But hey, you're John Slade, the Shadowgun, and wherever you set your foot is the place to which your authority extends.      I love the way that some of the barriers disintegrate under the impact of bullets. I didn't learn this at my mother's knee but I darn sure know it now. I have learned that there are certain places it is good to plan on using the rocket launcher. Keep your stock of those filled. There are these transporter guys who are aggressive punks. The only way they respect you is if you kill them, so that's the way I roll. As...