Skip to main content

The Ugly Bug

     Hey, everyone. My wife was wanting to use the I-Pad 3's camera with the zoom function and she took this photo of a bug. She thinks it might be a Katy-did (hopelessly wrong spelling?) but I don't know about that. I really enjoy the I-Pad camera because it is so simple and our Sony camera is rather complex for a hillbilly like myself.
    This bug's head almost looks like he has a worm mounted on it, which would be weird as well as ugly. He is probably a nice person, although he is ugly. Have you ever noticed that ugly folks usually have a nicer personality? Beautiful people seem to feel a sense of entitlement. I love how, after you get to know someone, their looks are transformed by some odd filter inside your brain. Beauty can become ugly and ugly can become beauty.
    Have you ever seen a nice looking woman with an ugly dude? Sure, you see it all the time. It's easy to say, "Wow, he must have money, nice car etc." I think that really nice looking people know darn well that beauty is only skin deep. They have been with plenty of people who value them for their looks and they have learned to despise all that shallowness.
    You have no doubt heard the term "Trophy Bride". I find this amusing as well as sad. A rich guy or an old guy, famous person or whatever, wants a spouse he can show off. So he marries a beauty queen. He marries her for her looks, she marries him for his money. With such a start, the marriage is doomed. I am afraid that the majority of us hunt for a partner on the basis of looks. Dumb!
    Now, if I wanted to have a friend that happened to be a bug, I would obviously not choose the above-pictured insect. Closing time at the bar would obviously have this guy sitting alone on a stool. In being so shallow about bugs, I might miss having a friend with a heart of gold. He might be the coolest bug in the galaxy. He might be from another planet and have the secrets of eternal life and happiness. Or, he could just be another ugly bug. As I reflected on these things, I stepped on the dude and sat on the porch swing to watch a butterfly.
    My wife has a friend. This lady is a very attractive lady who has been married many times. Once she confided in my wife.
" I am dating a wonderful man but he is really ugly."
      My wife laughed. "Maybe that's why all your other marriages didn't work. You chose with the wrong scorecard." My wife certainly rolled the dice on me. Ugly and a bad personality both. Makes me feel bad about the bug. I think I might go outside and try to nurse him back to health.
    I hope this post doesn't bug you guys. Ha, ha.
    From the author's green retreat, I'm CE Wills.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Kill A Lobster (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. I had not planned on posting tonight but I have to make something right. I gave Shadowgun a good review last night but I didn't do it justice. Tonight I got past the vicious Cyber Lobster and went on to play a lot more. This is a terrific game! Last night I would have rated it 4 stars out of 5. Tonight I give it 5 stars out of 5. By the way, here's a spoiler alert. If you don't want to know how to kill the lobster, don't read any further. I say this because I had several people come to the blog that were looking for the silver bullet ( figure of speech from old Dracula movies, not literal weapon for lobster) to kill this behemoth.      When the monster appears, he starts firing missiles at you out of his mechanical mouth. Don't run and hide behind a barrier. Get close to him and run back and forth, dodging missiles until you can blast the lime colored ball of light that appears periodically over his head. I suspect that this is hi...

Dr. Simon's Exoskeleton (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. Nice to be back with you after a tough, hectic week. We have had some snow, sleet, fog, drizzle, torrential rain and flooding this week.      I'd like to talk, yet again, about Shadowgun , the shooter game for I-Padster. I was much further along than what I thought when I posted about some of the battles yet to be faced for those of you who had just killed the Driller. The fact is that I am on the last level. This level has Dr. Simon, the resident evil nutcase, inhabiting a monstrous, powerful robot. His brain resides in a bubble on top, much like a cherry on a hot fudge Sunday. (Yes, I am still on my eating binge) It is a tremendous fight because you not only have to kill this huge semi-person, but there are a bunch of mutant guards, flying drones etc. to deal with at the same time. I had played the darn level about thirty times and decided to check out someone else's battle. So I went to You-Tube and typed in, Dr. Simon Exoskelet...

Shadowgun: Killing The Windbreaker

    Hey, everyone. I thought it might be a good time for a bit of an update on the riveting game called Shadowgun. Consider this your spoiler alert and tune out if you want to.     Once you get past the dreaded Driller, things get better but you are certainly not out of the woods. You will want to make sure you keep a full clip in your gun as you stroll through the realm of the evil and crazy Dr. Simon. But hey, you're John Slade, the Shadowgun, and wherever you set your foot is the place to which your authority extends.      I love the way that some of the barriers disintegrate under the impact of bullets. I didn't learn this at my mother's knee but I darn sure know it now. I have learned that there are certain places it is good to plan on using the rocket launcher. Keep your stock of those filled. There are these transporter guys who are aggressive punks. The only way they respect you is if you kill them, so that's the way I roll. As...