Skip to main content

Two Ear Buds

   Hello again, my friends in the ether. We have had a nice day, here in the green retreat. We did some chores, like mowing and washing clothes. We were preparing for a cookout tomorrow and had to change out some burners in our grill. For those of you who don't grill much let me tell you a bit about grills. I have a medium priced grill that costs about $350.  The trend today is to have components that intentionally  wear out within a year or two in order to optimize revenue. Sort of a 'make things cheap so we can sell replacement parts annually' operation. The marketing gurus call this planned obsolescence. I call it a bit crooked. They charge twice as much for replacement burners than they should, also. We found some burners much cheaper on Amazon.
    We had to replace the burners in our grill for the second time in 3 years. They just fell into dust. We got the job done, then we sat side by side on the deck so we could share ear buds on an I-Pod. One for her ear and one for mine. We listened to all those great songs from our youth and joked around, laughing and cutting up. We might have drank a few beers and a glass of white wine, I really can't remember. Then I wrote 3 chapters of a time travel novel I'm working on. Then I wrote about one half of Chapter 2 for the short story I shared yesterday called Tale Of The Black Mushroom. All in all it was a very pleasant day, here in the woods. Now I plan to eat some home-made tacos and french fries while drinking coke and watching Baggage.
    After all that, I plan on going to bed early, which is around 2 a.m. for me. I may be able to finish that short story late tonight, but I doubt it.
     I assume you have read about the newspaper in England that was caught hacking cell phones for the purpose of getting a story. I know that every one has baggage. Jerry Springer taught me that. But to tap a dead girl's cell phone is reprehensible to say the least. However, let me tell you about what happened to me a few weeks ago.
     I was sitting in my recliner, reading Pulse news feeder on the I-Pad. This gives you all manner of feeds which you select. They can be about news, games, sports, jokes. There are literally hundreds of choices. I clicked on an article from a noted paper and read a bit of it. Then I shut the I-Pad off and came to the study, going immediately to my blog. As my blog page came up there appeared momentarily a glimpse of the paper's famous icon and the name of the paper. I ask you, was this paper, or one of their employees, hacking me? I don't know. If you get too paranoid, you'll quit going on-line at all. We are, however, way past 1984, both in a timeline and in eavesdropping.
     For those gamers among you, let me tell you about an issue with a great game. Star Battalion is one of the great games on I-Pad and I heartily recommended it in my review. I have to say that the other night when I came back to the game after not playing for a day or so, the game put me back to the beginning instead of saving my progress. It's not like I was 50% through or something; I was not. In fact, I was only 4% through. Still, it should be fixed. At my age, how long do I have to redo things? Ha, Ha, I think. (I hope it is a joke.) By the way, I don't regret buying the game for a second. You won't either.
    I don't know if I mentioned to you about my blog being on Amazon. I have an author page over there and I finally got an RSS feed from here to there. It's nice of Amazon to do that, especially since I talk a lot about I-Pad games.
    Hey. Another game related note. I was surprised and not offended by my game called N.O.V.A. 2 the other night. This is what happened. I was in a big shootout in an enemy base and was doing pretty well. I had a big laser gun mounted on a tripod and was wearing out these armored dudes. They were running around, sprinting from cover to cover and shooting at me. Then, to my surprise, they started calling me a bad word. It took me aback for a moment but it gave me added incentive to ventilate them. Much more fun than washing their mouths out with soap. I'm convinced that they are good ole boys. They just weren't taught to respect their elders. Besides, I use bad language in my books so I can't be too hard on a bunch of aliens in fear for their life. I know you're thinking that I might be getting too deeply immersed in my games but nothing could be further from the truth. I'm outta here.
    From the author's green retreat, I'm CE Wills.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shadowgun: Killing The Windbreaker

    Hey, everyone. I thought it might be a good time for a bit of an update on the riveting game called Shadowgun. Consider this your spoiler alert and tune out if you want to.     Once you get past the dreaded Driller, things get better but you are certainly not out of the woods. You will want to make sure you keep a full clip in your gun as you stroll through the realm of the evil and crazy Dr. Simon. But hey, you're John Slade, the Shadowgun, and wherever you set your foot is the place to which your authority extends.      I love the way that some of the barriers disintegrate under the impact of bullets. I didn't learn this at my mother's knee but I darn sure know it now. I have learned that there are certain places it is good to plan on using the rocket launcher. Keep your stock of those filled. There are these transporter guys who are aggressive punks. The only way they respect you is if you kill them, so that's the way I roll. As you know by now, their strategy

Shadowgun: Crushing The Driller On Level 4

      Hey, everyone. Let's talk about the game called Shadowgun, the I-Pad game with which I have a love-hate relationship. Most of you who made it past the evil Cyber Lobster are doubtless locked in a death struggle with the Driller at the end of level 4. At this point you have been in the cave for a long time. The Driller breaks through the rock wall and chases you through the tunnel as you try to shoot out the green lights which slows the Driller down. If you are slick enough to shoot out all the lights and emerge from the cave, a rolling door crashes on the Driller and crushes his aggravating carcass. I have tried and failed to beat the Driller at least 250 times. I hate the Driller to the heights and depths my soul can reach. I hate it like a plague. I hate it with intensity of feeling. I hate it like a rich man hates taxes. Excuse me, I got carried away.       We had a big dinner here at the green retreat and my friend Trevor was here today. He is my gaming consultant. I tol

Men In Black 3, Just Empty Black Suits?

    Hey, everyone, out there in the world! Nice of you to stop by. Today I downloaded Men In Black 3 for I-Pad. There were a number of positive reviews on the app store, but there were several reviews that complained about the game failing to open. This was my experience. It opened to the screen shown above and froze there. At least it was free. I have an I-Pad 3, so maybe you will have better luck with yours.     EA games is having a big sale for the holiday weekend. I already have most of the titles which are on sale, however. I did buy several games this weekend, though, and I'd like to tell you about them.    Get Out of My Galaxy is a Mario type of space game in which you control a monster with 4 arms. The dude eats rocks and has a penchant for slapping little cone-headed aliens. There are a certain number of aliens to slap on every planet, then you move on to the next world. There are power-ups to grab as you go along, for health and other things. There is prickly vegetatio