Skip to main content

Game Review: 9mm

Hey, everyone. I've had an I-Pad for more than a year now and I've had an I-Pad 2 since the day they came out. Over that time I have seen a steady increase in the quality of games. They have been especially good on the Deuce (I-Pad 2), as they look better and play more smoothly.
9 mm by Gameloft is one of the best games available for I-Pad. There is plenty of action, a bit of thinking, a good storyline and above all else, it is an FPS (First Person Shooter) with a capital S.
You have a choice of impressive weapons, limited only by your degree of ruthlessness in wresting them from the dead hands of drug dealers, human traffickers and people who curse a lot.
Before I forget, I would like to thank Gameloft especially for the EASY mode which enables poor players to make decent progress and not grow discouraged.
There are odd little niches in the game where you are riding on top of a tractor trailer. You are dodging low-hanging signs and shooting at a fugitive who is fleeing in a car. Sort of different from a normal game.
The star of the game is you, but your avatar is a detective named John Cannon. He is tough, ruthless and meaner than a junk yard dog. He probably doesn't bother to carry handcuffs because he doesn't believe in taking prisoners. When he, (you) take down a meth warehouse, he and two of his fellow cops decide to keep several hundred thousand dollars to mitigate the pain of their cop lives. Problem is, one of the dealers that Cannon has killed is the brother Of El Diablo. El Diablo has a bit of a bad reputation, hence the name. He also has anti-social tendencies.
Take my advice and switch to a shotgun for the early stages of the game. Then, when the number of goons gets out of hand, switch to a MAC 9. In those sleezy, darkened recesses of mob nightclubs, it's nice to be able to spray the darkened corners with 30 rounds in a matter of a couple of seconds.
9mm is a bit pricey at $6.99. It has been out for about two weeks and I have resisted the urge to purchase it. In the app store, if there is no free version, it's easy to get something you can't even play, like Dead Space. I'd rather wait a few months and get a game on sale for 99 cents.Even 2 months can see a price drop of several dollars. With 9mm, all that is not a problem as it is well worth the $6.99 purchase price. In fact, 9mm is a high-caliber game. Yuk, yuk. If you are a shooter, you'll be glad you bought it. You can bet that it is more intense than pounding little pigs with angry birds.
This game gets my rating of 5 stars out of 5. It carries a lot of cursing which doesn't bother me at all; it may bother others. For my part, it is easy to cure someone's propensity for cursing if you have a pump shotgun. Those punks on NOVA 2 could testify to that, if they were still alive.
I played this game for about 3 to 4 hours tonight. In fact, I just cleaned out a rough joint with a machine gun. The place caught on fire, but as a cop, I have to break a few eggs, to make an omelet.
From the author's green retreat, I'm CE Wills.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shadowgun: Killing The Windbreaker

    Hey, everyone. I thought it might be a good time for a bit of an update on the riveting game called Shadowgun. Consider this your spoiler alert and tune out if you want to.     Once you get past the dreaded Driller, things get better but you are certainly not out of the woods. You will want to make sure you keep a full clip in your gun as you stroll through the realm of the evil and crazy Dr. Simon. But hey, you're John Slade, the Shadowgun, and wherever you set your foot is the place to which your authority extends.      I love the way that some of the barriers disintegrate under the impact of bullets. I didn't learn this at my mother's knee but I darn sure know it now. I have learned that there are certain places it is good to plan on using the rocket launcher. Keep your stock of those filled. There are these transporter guys who are aggressive punks. The only way they respect you is if you kill them, so that's the way I roll. As you know by now, their strategy

Shadowgun: Crushing The Driller On Level 4

      Hey, everyone. Let's talk about the game called Shadowgun, the I-Pad game with which I have a love-hate relationship. Most of you who made it past the evil Cyber Lobster are doubtless locked in a death struggle with the Driller at the end of level 4. At this point you have been in the cave for a long time. The Driller breaks through the rock wall and chases you through the tunnel as you try to shoot out the green lights which slows the Driller down. If you are slick enough to shoot out all the lights and emerge from the cave, a rolling door crashes on the Driller and crushes his aggravating carcass. I have tried and failed to beat the Driller at least 250 times. I hate the Driller to the heights and depths my soul can reach. I hate it like a plague. I hate it with intensity of feeling. I hate it like a rich man hates taxes. Excuse me, I got carried away.       We had a big dinner here at the green retreat and my friend Trevor was here today. He is my gaming consultant. I tol

Men In Black 3, Just Empty Black Suits?

    Hey, everyone, out there in the world! Nice of you to stop by. Today I downloaded Men In Black 3 for I-Pad. There were a number of positive reviews on the app store, but there were several reviews that complained about the game failing to open. This was my experience. It opened to the screen shown above and froze there. At least it was free. I have an I-Pad 3, so maybe you will have better luck with yours.     EA games is having a big sale for the holiday weekend. I already have most of the titles which are on sale, however. I did buy several games this weekend, though, and I'd like to tell you about them.    Get Out of My Galaxy is a Mario type of space game in which you control a monster with 4 arms. The dude eats rocks and has a penchant for slapping little cone-headed aliens. There are a certain number of aliens to slap on every planet, then you move on to the next world. There are power-ups to grab as you go along, for health and other things. There is prickly vegetatio