Skip to main content

Great Ballgame In Frisco, Justin Smith

    Hey, everyone. I just watched the San Francisco 49's beat New Orleans in a terrific football game. I feel so happy for Alex Smith, who has persevered through a lot of tough years and some abuse from fans and the media. The #1 draft pick played well and threw a clutch pass to Vernon Davis for the win. The pass was absolutely where it had to be. It hit Davis in the numbers, on the goal line, with no wiggle room in the tight coverage. Awesome throw, awesome catch.
     Even so, in my opinion, the big defensive lineman, Justin Smith, was the MVP of this game. To beat the Saints you have to put pressure on Drew Brees and boy, did  Mr. Smith bruise the all-pro quarterback today. Seldom have I seen a lineman dominate a game like Smith did today. He was fierce, fast and intense. Nobody could block him. His will to win was inspirational. I get so tired of seeing people who freeze up when presented with a big opportunity. Smith played like a guy with visions of a Super Bowl in his head.
      Also, whoever called all those '4th and a yard to go' plays for my Falcons this year? Take heed, you don't really have to run right up the middle when everybody on earth expects it. You can do something different and win. I'm just saying.
     Now, can Tim Tebow pull another rabbit out of his hat, in New England? I am taping that game as we speak, because I loath commercials. If it is a thriller, like the one I just watched, I may have to calm myself a bit. Great playoff season this year, so far. Even if I don't have a team in the hunt. 4th and 1. Right up the #^***** middle.
     I have no dog in this fight, but brother, what a fight it was.
    From the author's green retreat, I'm CE Wills.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Kill A Lobster (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. I had not planned on posting tonight but I have to make something right. I gave Shadowgun a good review last night but I didn't do it justice. Tonight I got past the vicious Cyber Lobster and went on to play a lot more. This is a terrific game! Last night I would have rated it 4 stars out of 5. Tonight I give it 5 stars out of 5. By the way, here's a spoiler alert. If you don't want to know how to kill the lobster, don't read any further. I say this because I had several people come to the blog that were looking for the silver bullet ( figure of speech from old Dracula movies, not literal weapon for lobster) to kill this behemoth.      When the monster appears, he starts firing missiles at you out of his mechanical mouth. Don't run and hide behind a barrier. Get close to him and run back and forth, dodging missiles until you can blast the lime colored ball of light that appears periodically over his head. I suspect that this is hi...

Dr. Simon's Exoskeleton (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. Nice to be back with you after a tough, hectic week. We have had some snow, sleet, fog, drizzle, torrential rain and flooding this week.      I'd like to talk, yet again, about Shadowgun , the shooter game for I-Padster. I was much further along than what I thought when I posted about some of the battles yet to be faced for those of you who had just killed the Driller. The fact is that I am on the last level. This level has Dr. Simon, the resident evil nutcase, inhabiting a monstrous, powerful robot. His brain resides in a bubble on top, much like a cherry on a hot fudge Sunday. (Yes, I am still on my eating binge) It is a tremendous fight because you not only have to kill this huge semi-person, but there are a bunch of mutant guards, flying drones etc. to deal with at the same time. I had played the darn level about thirty times and decided to check out someone else's battle. So I went to You-Tube and typed in, Dr. Simon Exoskelet...

Shadowgun: Killing The Windbreaker

    Hey, everyone. I thought it might be a good time for a bit of an update on the riveting game called Shadowgun. Consider this your spoiler alert and tune out if you want to.     Once you get past the dreaded Driller, things get better but you are certainly not out of the woods. You will want to make sure you keep a full clip in your gun as you stroll through the realm of the evil and crazy Dr. Simon. But hey, you're John Slade, the Shadowgun, and wherever you set your foot is the place to which your authority extends.      I love the way that some of the barriers disintegrate under the impact of bullets. I didn't learn this at my mother's knee but I darn sure know it now. I have learned that there are certain places it is good to plan on using the rocket launcher. Keep your stock of those filled. There are these transporter guys who are aggressive punks. The only way they respect you is if you kill them, so that's the way I roll. As...