Skip to main content

2000 Feet

    Hey everyone. I hope you are having a good week. Yesterday, when I went to work, there was a bit of a shock when I reached the valley. I live a couple of thousand feet higher, on a small mountain. There is usually about a 4 or 5 degree difference in temperature which can run as much as 10 degrees. Not a huge deal, sometimes, but if its 36 and raining in the valley, then its 31 and snowing at my house. We have snowfall similar to New York. But I digress. Right now it is spring when I get to the valley. There is Forsythia blooming yellow, Bradford Pears with their white blossoms and the pink of Crab Apples. At my house, spring runs about two weeks late, which is a drag. Its sort of like when you were a kid and the other kids had ice cream and you had a raw potato. You just feel left out.
      At least I don't have to drive in snow and ice right now, so I am grateful for that. We do have a few Easter flowers blooming. I noticed that the Redbuds were coming out in the valley. They are so pretty and always such a harbinger of spring.
    My wife and I were at the creek today and saw a big crawdad. This is like a small redneck lobster, very small. When I was a kid we used to go to a creek and catch them just for fun. In places like Louisiana they catch a 'mess' of them and have a feast. Not really something I want to eat but I certainly can see how they might be good?
    I hate to admit it but I am fighting off the temptation to buy an I-Pad 2. There! I've said it out loud. I've been told that it is good therapy to voice your failures. I love my I-Pad as it is and certainly don't need the Deuce, but it would be a cool toy. It is supposed to be much faster and should be great for gaming graphics. It has the ability to see someone as you talk to them (facetime). You can record video on it, also. However, I am a practical man and not much of a waster. It would seem to be a bit much to think that a device that is about a year old is obsolete. If this were true, how would I have to feel about myself when I'm in my fifties?
    Pardon me as I ramble. I saw on Pulse where Bob Dylan is going to perform in China in April. Seems pretty cool, thinking about the Chinese folks grooving to some of Bob's philosophical tunes. Will they shell out the 280 yuan to see him? The answer, my friend, is blowing in the wind.
    From the author's green retreat, I'm CE Wills.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Kill A Lobster (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. I had not planned on posting tonight but I have to make something right. I gave Shadowgun a good review last night but I didn't do it justice. Tonight I got past the vicious Cyber Lobster and went on to play a lot more. This is a terrific game! Last night I would have rated it 4 stars out of 5. Tonight I give it 5 stars out of 5. By the way, here's a spoiler alert. If you don't want to know how to kill the lobster, don't read any further. I say this because I had several people come to the blog that were looking for the silver bullet ( figure of speech from old Dracula movies, not literal weapon for lobster) to kill this behemoth.      When the monster appears, he starts firing missiles at you out of his mechanical mouth. Don't run and hide behind a barrier. Get close to him and run back and forth, dodging missiles until you can blast the lime colored ball of light that appears periodically over his head. I suspect that this is hi...

Dr. Simon's Exoskeleton (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. Nice to be back with you after a tough, hectic week. We have had some snow, sleet, fog, drizzle, torrential rain and flooding this week.      I'd like to talk, yet again, about Shadowgun , the shooter game for I-Padster. I was much further along than what I thought when I posted about some of the battles yet to be faced for those of you who had just killed the Driller. The fact is that I am on the last level. This level has Dr. Simon, the resident evil nutcase, inhabiting a monstrous, powerful robot. His brain resides in a bubble on top, much like a cherry on a hot fudge Sunday. (Yes, I am still on my eating binge) It is a tremendous fight because you not only have to kill this huge semi-person, but there are a bunch of mutant guards, flying drones etc. to deal with at the same time. I had played the darn level about thirty times and decided to check out someone else's battle. So I went to You-Tube and typed in, Dr. Simon Exoskelet...

Shadowgun: Killing The Windbreaker

    Hey, everyone. I thought it might be a good time for a bit of an update on the riveting game called Shadowgun. Consider this your spoiler alert and tune out if you want to.     Once you get past the dreaded Driller, things get better but you are certainly not out of the woods. You will want to make sure you keep a full clip in your gun as you stroll through the realm of the evil and crazy Dr. Simon. But hey, you're John Slade, the Shadowgun, and wherever you set your foot is the place to which your authority extends.      I love the way that some of the barriers disintegrate under the impact of bullets. I didn't learn this at my mother's knee but I darn sure know it now. I have learned that there are certain places it is good to plan on using the rocket launcher. Keep your stock of those filled. There are these transporter guys who are aggressive punks. The only way they respect you is if you kill them, so that's the way I roll. As...