Skip to main content

Cheetos And Champagne

    Hey, everyone. I saw a really cute video on the web the other day. You have probably seen it. A mom is blowing her nose and it scares her baby, then he starts laughing. It's really precious.
     I read a nice article about Apple the other day. It was by Arnold Kim on Mac Rumors.com. It was titled, Wife Says No, Apple Says Yes. It seems that Apple is watching returns of the I-Pad 2 very closely, in order to get a jump on any potential problems. One of the returns was kicked upstairs out of amusement. The returned I-Pad 2 had a yellow sticky note on it that stated, "Wife says no". Two VP's heard about it and sent the guy a free I-Pad with a note. The note said, "Apple says yes".
     Sounds like a million bucks worth of free advertising and good will. Well done, Apple.
    PC World is reporting that an I-Pad 2 is being sold for 5 million pounds. It has a T-Rex thigh bone shaved into the frame. I guarantee this guy is a Carnivores fan! The home button for this I-Pad is a diamond. The back is 24 carat gold. There are two just alike being sold. Yes, you are correct. Neither of them is mine.
     I'm still having a great time playing Rage on the I-Pad. It is a blast. If you just buy one game this month, this is the one to get. Unless, of course, you are like my wife and prefer to play puzzle games or match-three games.
     I'm having such a good time with Rage that I'm thinking seriously about buying the hugely popular game called Dead Space. If I do so it is almost a certainty that I will lose my casual gamer status and become a dreaded hard-core gamer. This would cause some problems as my wife wouldn't stand for posters of Hentai women hanging on the walls of the study.
    I am eating Cheetos with champagne tonight, an awesome combo. They go together like peanut butter and jelly.
      This latest novel is giving me a hard time. I mentioned that it was about a guy from the 1960's, like me. (The similarities end there.) I printed out a copy of the manuscript and put it in a binder. Then I sat and read it through just as I would any novel. Tons of errors. I did the corrections and another read-through. There were a bunch more errors to correct. Then I decided to change the ending. I wrote that up and then decided to change it back.
   I hope to go to a movie this weekend but who knows? The best laid plans of mice and men often go astray. If you don't believe it, look in any mousetrap. I would like to see The Lincoln Lawyer with Matthew McConaughey. Wrong spelling? My wife would probably forgive me for many future wrongs if she got to see Matthew this weekend. I remember, once upon a time, we went to see a movie that starred Robert Redford and Brad Pitt. I was the only guy in the theater but there was a rowdy bunch of women in there. Ages 15 to 70. Hey, don't get me wrong. I like both those actors.
       Well, I've rambled enough. It's time for the weary to rest. From the author's green retreat, I'm CE Wills. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Kill A Lobster (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. I had not planned on posting tonight but I have to make something right. I gave Shadowgun a good review last night but I didn't do it justice. Tonight I got past the vicious Cyber Lobster and went on to play a lot more. This is a terrific game! Last night I would have rated it 4 stars out of 5. Tonight I give it 5 stars out of 5. By the way, here's a spoiler alert. If you don't want to know how to kill the lobster, don't read any further. I say this because I had several people come to the blog that were looking for the silver bullet ( figure of speech from old Dracula movies, not literal weapon for lobster) to kill this behemoth.      When the monster appears, he starts firing missiles at you out of his mechanical mouth. Don't run and hide behind a barrier. Get close to him and run back and forth, dodging missiles until you can blast the lime colored ball of light that appears periodically over his head. I suspect that this is hi...

Dr. Simon's Exoskeleton (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. Nice to be back with you after a tough, hectic week. We have had some snow, sleet, fog, drizzle, torrential rain and flooding this week.      I'd like to talk, yet again, about Shadowgun , the shooter game for I-Padster. I was much further along than what I thought when I posted about some of the battles yet to be faced for those of you who had just killed the Driller. The fact is that I am on the last level. This level has Dr. Simon, the resident evil nutcase, inhabiting a monstrous, powerful robot. His brain resides in a bubble on top, much like a cherry on a hot fudge Sunday. (Yes, I am still on my eating binge) It is a tremendous fight because you not only have to kill this huge semi-person, but there are a bunch of mutant guards, flying drones etc. to deal with at the same time. I had played the darn level about thirty times and decided to check out someone else's battle. So I went to You-Tube and typed in, Dr. Simon Exoskelet...

Shadowgun: Killing The Windbreaker

    Hey, everyone. I thought it might be a good time for a bit of an update on the riveting game called Shadowgun. Consider this your spoiler alert and tune out if you want to.     Once you get past the dreaded Driller, things get better but you are certainly not out of the woods. You will want to make sure you keep a full clip in your gun as you stroll through the realm of the evil and crazy Dr. Simon. But hey, you're John Slade, the Shadowgun, and wherever you set your foot is the place to which your authority extends.      I love the way that some of the barriers disintegrate under the impact of bullets. I didn't learn this at my mother's knee but I darn sure know it now. I have learned that there are certain places it is good to plan on using the rocket launcher. Keep your stock of those filled. There are these transporter guys who are aggressive punks. The only way they respect you is if you kill them, so that's the way I roll. As...