Skip to main content

Climber's Reward

    The decade of the sixties was unlike any other time frame in history. Those who matured in this era have a common fear. They are afraid their children will grow up like them. Don't get mad, its a semi-joke. The strictness of parents who had fought and survived World War 2 produced a rebellious breed because excessive authority causes rebellion just about every time. It is a bit scary to think of folks from this generation with their finger on the nuclear button.
      My newest novel is called Climber's Reward. Its about a guy named Beck Oswald who becomes a man while the Vietnam War is still rockin' and rollin'. Beck goes to Vietnam to escape from a prison sentence. While there he gets involved with the Phoenix Program and is tasked with assassinating KGB agents and Vietcong leaders. When he returns to the states he falls into a similar line of work, that of a contract killer. Meanwhile, he's in therapy, trying to deal with his issues.
     He has few friends, but the few he has are an odd bunch. One of the great baseball pitchers of all time, a lady who writes romance novels and two men who he served with in the army. The story covers Beck's entire life and is pretty cool, if I say so myself. Don't read it if you can't stand mature subject matter. Another caution statement: this book is not meant to glorify stupidity. It merely tells a fictional story about a very odd time in America.
    One more thing. If you find typos in the book, please don't tell me. It was the worst book to edit that I've ever done. I found about 250 errors and corrected them. I know! That really is bad. Here's the link if you choose to check it out.
    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/50199

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Kill A Lobster (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. I had not planned on posting tonight but I have to make something right. I gave Shadowgun a good review last night but I didn't do it justice. Tonight I got past the vicious Cyber Lobster and went on to play a lot more. This is a terrific game! Last night I would have rated it 4 stars out of 5. Tonight I give it 5 stars out of 5. By the way, here's a spoiler alert. If you don't want to know how to kill the lobster, don't read any further. I say this because I had several people come to the blog that were looking for the silver bullet ( figure of speech from old Dracula movies, not literal weapon for lobster) to kill this behemoth.      When the monster appears, he starts firing missiles at you out of his mechanical mouth. Don't run and hide behind a barrier. Get close to him and run back and forth, dodging missiles until you can blast the lime colored ball of light that appears periodically over his head. I suspect that this is hi...

Dr. Simon's Exoskeleton (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. Nice to be back with you after a tough, hectic week. We have had some snow, sleet, fog, drizzle, torrential rain and flooding this week.      I'd like to talk, yet again, about Shadowgun , the shooter game for I-Padster. I was much further along than what I thought when I posted about some of the battles yet to be faced for those of you who had just killed the Driller. The fact is that I am on the last level. This level has Dr. Simon, the resident evil nutcase, inhabiting a monstrous, powerful robot. His brain resides in a bubble on top, much like a cherry on a hot fudge Sunday. (Yes, I am still on my eating binge) It is a tremendous fight because you not only have to kill this huge semi-person, but there are a bunch of mutant guards, flying drones etc. to deal with at the same time. I had played the darn level about thirty times and decided to check out someone else's battle. So I went to You-Tube and typed in, Dr. Simon Exoskelet...

Shadowgun: Killing The Windbreaker

    Hey, everyone. I thought it might be a good time for a bit of an update on the riveting game called Shadowgun. Consider this your spoiler alert and tune out if you want to.     Once you get past the dreaded Driller, things get better but you are certainly not out of the woods. You will want to make sure you keep a full clip in your gun as you stroll through the realm of the evil and crazy Dr. Simon. But hey, you're John Slade, the Shadowgun, and wherever you set your foot is the place to which your authority extends.      I love the way that some of the barriers disintegrate under the impact of bullets. I didn't learn this at my mother's knee but I darn sure know it now. I have learned that there are certain places it is good to plan on using the rocket launcher. Keep your stock of those filled. There are these transporter guys who are aggressive punks. The only way they respect you is if you kill them, so that's the way I roll. As...