Skip to main content

Things I'd Like To See Again

1. My belt buckle
2. My hair
3. Gasoline at 29 cents a gallon. Yes, I have seen it.
4. The bottom of the ocean, as I flew into Nassau, Bahamas.
5. Athletes who played for the love of the game. Players who would rather lose than cheat, or try to injure a good player on the other team. Best I can remember, it was called sportsmanship.
6. The Grand Canyon.
7. My wife's smile when she was young and healthy and she had not had to endure the hardships and worries of life. I wish I could have done a better job sheltering her from...life.
8. John Denver.
9. John Wayne do anything.
10.  The way Richard Gere walked when he was young, like in American Gigolo. The confidence, the health and the love of life. No, I'm not gay.
11. John Fogerty play the guitar.
12. Jerry Lee play the piano.
13. My kids when they started walking.
14. A huge bass break the water with my hook in its mouth.
15. A 1969 Plymouth Road Runner at 140 miles per hour. For all you folks in the metric system, that's fast.
16. Sleeping for 7 hours without going to the bathroom.
17. A field of sunflowers in Kansas.
18. Interstate 75 with light traffic.
19. Greg Maddux throw a baseball.
20. A refund on my income tax.
21. Sharon Stone cross her legs.
    From the author's green retreat, I'm CE Wills.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Kill A Lobster (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. I had not planned on posting tonight but I have to make something right. I gave Shadowgun a good review last night but I didn't do it justice. Tonight I got past the vicious Cyber Lobster and went on to play a lot more. This is a terrific game! Last night I would have rated it 4 stars out of 5. Tonight I give it 5 stars out of 5. By the way, here's a spoiler alert. If you don't want to know how to kill the lobster, don't read any further. I say this because I had several people come to the blog that were looking for the silver bullet ( figure of speech from old Dracula movies, not literal weapon for lobster) to kill this behemoth.      When the monster appears, he starts firing missiles at you out of his mechanical mouth. Don't run and hide behind a barrier. Get close to him and run back and forth, dodging missiles until you can blast the lime colored ball of light that appears periodically over his head. I suspect that this is hi...

Dr. Simon's Exoskeleton (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. Nice to be back with you after a tough, hectic week. We have had some snow, sleet, fog, drizzle, torrential rain and flooding this week.      I'd like to talk, yet again, about Shadowgun , the shooter game for I-Padster. I was much further along than what I thought when I posted about some of the battles yet to be faced for those of you who had just killed the Driller. The fact is that I am on the last level. This level has Dr. Simon, the resident evil nutcase, inhabiting a monstrous, powerful robot. His brain resides in a bubble on top, much like a cherry on a hot fudge Sunday. (Yes, I am still on my eating binge) It is a tremendous fight because you not only have to kill this huge semi-person, but there are a bunch of mutant guards, flying drones etc. to deal with at the same time. I had played the darn level about thirty times and decided to check out someone else's battle. So I went to You-Tube and typed in, Dr. Simon Exoskelet...

Shadowgun: Killing The Windbreaker

    Hey, everyone. I thought it might be a good time for a bit of an update on the riveting game called Shadowgun. Consider this your spoiler alert and tune out if you want to.     Once you get past the dreaded Driller, things get better but you are certainly not out of the woods. You will want to make sure you keep a full clip in your gun as you stroll through the realm of the evil and crazy Dr. Simon. But hey, you're John Slade, the Shadowgun, and wherever you set your foot is the place to which your authority extends.      I love the way that some of the barriers disintegrate under the impact of bullets. I didn't learn this at my mother's knee but I darn sure know it now. I have learned that there are certain places it is good to plan on using the rocket launcher. Keep your stock of those filled. There are these transporter guys who are aggressive punks. The only way they respect you is if you kill them, so that's the way I roll. As...