Skip to main content

I-Pad 2

    Hey, everyone. Well, this afternoon Apple is expected to unveil its latest version of the I-Pad in California. It is expected to have front and rear cameras for video calling, greater storage capacity and it's expected that the 16 gig version (like mine) will go the way of the dinosaur. I'm cool with mine as is but I have to take stuff off when I add new apps. This is especially true with the intense new games like Infinity Blade which use almost a gig by themselves. By the way, there is a new update to Infinity Blade which will be coming out very soon. It features new monsters and new levels, or so I've read.
     Those of you who have waited for the I-Pad 2 before buying a tablet are probably feeling pretty good about your decision  right now. I hope you really like it. In fact, I know you'll really like it. I enjoy mine more than anything I have ever bought.
     Seems to be a little lull in quality games right now. Tiny Wings is hugely popular right now and it's getting a lot of ink because it dethroned Angry Birds at the top of the app store downloads. Tiny Wings is not my type of game, I guess. You have a little bird who can't really fly so he is trying to slide down these leaves and stuff to get airborne. You, as a concerned friend must help the little guy. They didn't have a free version for me to try and I like to try before I buy. Its cheap, 99cents, but even cheap games pile up when you try as many as I do.
    For those of you who are (ahem) elderly, like this writer, you might like to know that Atari is putting some of its older games on the IOS system. How cool is that? I hope Intellivision follows suit with games like Night Stalker, Astro Smash, Space Armada and a host of others. For those of you who are not approaching social security, the Intellivision system was by Mattel and it was a gaming system second to none in the late 1970's or early 1980's. I actually found one in the newspaper a few years ago and drove 120 miles to buy it. The guy had a dozen games with it and I bought the whole enchalada for $50 or so. It now occupies a place of honor in the closet.
    I read an interesting article on line about people who were selling their 'old I-Pad ' so they could buy a new one. I don't feel comfortable with that sort of thing. Of course, paranoia is scarcely a gift and there is something to be said for not worrying about anything.
    After months of rumors about the new I-Pad, the rumor mill has started up about I-Pad 3, saying it will be head and shoulders better than I-Pad 2. Maybe they should write about Zen Squirrels or something for a few months. Give it a break.
    From the author's green retreat, with my outdated I-Pad in my hand, I'm CE Wills.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Kill A Lobster (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. I had not planned on posting tonight but I have to make something right. I gave Shadowgun a good review last night but I didn't do it justice. Tonight I got past the vicious Cyber Lobster and went on to play a lot more. This is a terrific game! Last night I would have rated it 4 stars out of 5. Tonight I give it 5 stars out of 5. By the way, here's a spoiler alert. If you don't want to know how to kill the lobster, don't read any further. I say this because I had several people come to the blog that were looking for the silver bullet ( figure of speech from old Dracula movies, not literal weapon for lobster) to kill this behemoth.      When the monster appears, he starts firing missiles at you out of his mechanical mouth. Don't run and hide behind a barrier. Get close to him and run back and forth, dodging missiles until you can blast the lime colored ball of light that appears periodically over his head. I suspect that this is hi...

Dr. Simon's Exoskeleton (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. Nice to be back with you after a tough, hectic week. We have had some snow, sleet, fog, drizzle, torrential rain and flooding this week.      I'd like to talk, yet again, about Shadowgun , the shooter game for I-Padster. I was much further along than what I thought when I posted about some of the battles yet to be faced for those of you who had just killed the Driller. The fact is that I am on the last level. This level has Dr. Simon, the resident evil nutcase, inhabiting a monstrous, powerful robot. His brain resides in a bubble on top, much like a cherry on a hot fudge Sunday. (Yes, I am still on my eating binge) It is a tremendous fight because you not only have to kill this huge semi-person, but there are a bunch of mutant guards, flying drones etc. to deal with at the same time. I had played the darn level about thirty times and decided to check out someone else's battle. So I went to You-Tube and typed in, Dr. Simon Exoskelet...

Shadowgun: Killing The Windbreaker

    Hey, everyone. I thought it might be a good time for a bit of an update on the riveting game called Shadowgun. Consider this your spoiler alert and tune out if you want to.     Once you get past the dreaded Driller, things get better but you are certainly not out of the woods. You will want to make sure you keep a full clip in your gun as you stroll through the realm of the evil and crazy Dr. Simon. But hey, you're John Slade, the Shadowgun, and wherever you set your foot is the place to which your authority extends.      I love the way that some of the barriers disintegrate under the impact of bullets. I didn't learn this at my mother's knee but I darn sure know it now. I have learned that there are certain places it is good to plan on using the rocket launcher. Keep your stock of those filled. There are these transporter guys who are aggressive punks. The only way they respect you is if you kill them, so that's the way I roll. As...