Skip to main content

How To Quit Writing Novels

    Hey, everyone. I thought I'd do a listing of ways that you can quit writing novels. Should you ever want to.
1. Buy an I-Pad. The tablet is a great productivity killer. You spend more time with it than TV, if you can believe that. It is a monster for entertainment. Hey, why write when I can have fun?
2. Start a blog. I started this blog as a casual thing. Now, after 15 months and 256 posts, I've found that it consumes a lot of time. But hey, I like it. As you age you need to develop interests and hobbies. Plus, it's less work than writing books.
3. Work full time. I've found that working a job interferes somewhat with fun and hobbies. They expect you to be there and do things. Barbaric.
4. Hate typing. If you hate typing, this will certainly impact your novel production.
5. Try to deal with E-Pub Check. Mind reading is not my strong suit.
6. Become a web-searching, touch screen tapping, netflix and Baggage watching, sit on the deck and listen to music, track studying and read other writers books, geek-a-zoid.
7. Become a hard-core gamer. Play endless games with a fervor. Then cast them aside when you tire of them.
8. Renovate a house. A time burner; plus, dealing with a bunch of challenging chores occupies your mind to the exclusion of your imaginary friends of bookdom.
9. Wander aimlessly through space and cut stupid cables with a plasma saw, thanks to your friends at Dead Space who didn't make an easy button for their game. But hey, I have to give them credit because they just issued an update that enables you to actually fight necromorphs. It's called survival mode and the update is free.
10.Move to Jamaica and live in the same beach house with Jimmy Buffett, Keith Richards and Jack Nicholson. You'll never write again. What's more, you'll never worry about it. Or anything else.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Kill A Lobster (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. I had not planned on posting tonight but I have to make something right. I gave Shadowgun a good review last night but I didn't do it justice. Tonight I got past the vicious Cyber Lobster and went on to play a lot more. This is a terrific game! Last night I would have rated it 4 stars out of 5. Tonight I give it 5 stars out of 5. By the way, here's a spoiler alert. If you don't want to know how to kill the lobster, don't read any further. I say this because I had several people come to the blog that were looking for the silver bullet ( figure of speech from old Dracula movies, not literal weapon for lobster) to kill this behemoth.      When the monster appears, he starts firing missiles at you out of his mechanical mouth. Don't run and hide behind a barrier. Get close to him and run back and forth, dodging missiles until you can blast the lime colored ball of light that appears periodically over his head. I suspect that this is hi...

Dr. Simon's Exoskeleton (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. Nice to be back with you after a tough, hectic week. We have had some snow, sleet, fog, drizzle, torrential rain and flooding this week.      I'd like to talk, yet again, about Shadowgun , the shooter game for I-Padster. I was much further along than what I thought when I posted about some of the battles yet to be faced for those of you who had just killed the Driller. The fact is that I am on the last level. This level has Dr. Simon, the resident evil nutcase, inhabiting a monstrous, powerful robot. His brain resides in a bubble on top, much like a cherry on a hot fudge Sunday. (Yes, I am still on my eating binge) It is a tremendous fight because you not only have to kill this huge semi-person, but there are a bunch of mutant guards, flying drones etc. to deal with at the same time. I had played the darn level about thirty times and decided to check out someone else's battle. So I went to You-Tube and typed in, Dr. Simon Exoskelet...

Shadowgun: Killing The Windbreaker

    Hey, everyone. I thought it might be a good time for a bit of an update on the riveting game called Shadowgun. Consider this your spoiler alert and tune out if you want to.     Once you get past the dreaded Driller, things get better but you are certainly not out of the woods. You will want to make sure you keep a full clip in your gun as you stroll through the realm of the evil and crazy Dr. Simon. But hey, you're John Slade, the Shadowgun, and wherever you set your foot is the place to which your authority extends.      I love the way that some of the barriers disintegrate under the impact of bullets. I didn't learn this at my mother's knee but I darn sure know it now. I have learned that there are certain places it is good to plan on using the rocket launcher. Keep your stock of those filled. There are these transporter guys who are aggressive punks. The only way they respect you is if you kill them, so that's the way I roll. As...