Skip to main content

184? As The Tablet Turns

     Hey, everyone. I just got my I-Pad 3 from the Fed-Ex guy. He said they had 168 of them to deliver out of their local office. I unboxed it and had a moment of near panic when I punched the home button and felt no response. To my relief, when I plugged it into my PC, it started talking to me.
    As you may know, there is a limited amount of IOS devices you can have registered on your PC. Earlier today I went on I-Tunes and unregistered my I-Pad 1. That was a bit traumatic, as we have been through a lot together. Did I hear a whimper as I cut ties to it and 'wiped' it? Yes, I think so. "You fell for the newer model and another pretty face, CE! How could you?"
By the way, if you want to wipe yours clean, your device I mean, just do the following:
1) Go to settings.
2) Tap General
3) Tap reset
4) Tap 'erase all content and settings'.
     Let me say that I got these directions from a guy over at ZD Net.Com.
     When I connected the New I-Pad, I had to go through the registration and selection process. For instance, I chose to sync and store data from my PC, rather than the I-Cloud. It asked me if I wanted to register the device as a new device or from an existing back-up. Well, I chose my I-Pad 2 as a format, so that I wouldn't have to go through all my stuff and download things one at a time. When the device started to load up it informed me that it was loading app #1 of a paltry 184. 184? Really? How long will that take? Can it be possible that I have placed that many games and apps on this slender piece of metal? Will the PC see me as having two I-Pad 2's now? Can I change the name of the new one to "The New I-Pad'? Wow, the pressure is intense!
     Hey, I just minimized my blog screen and checked on the sync. I am now downloading #8 of 184, Tiger Woods PGA Tour Golf. I don't even have all my music on the I-Pads. There are about 2200 songs on the library but I typically just listen to an I-Pod. I also have about 2500 pictures which will have to sync. I love to play with pictures with all those goofy apps like Color Splash and Crazy Booth.
     As a plus(?) I am drinking beer and it is a mistake for an old guy to delve into technical matters when indulging in alcohol. Maybe that bunch of people who put out those idiots' guides can do one for " An Idiots Guide For Elderly Dudes Under The Influence To Interact With An I-Pad 3".
     I just checked the progress and guess what? It is now on #9 of 184, Shadow Guardian. Obviously, I cannot expect you to see me through this entire process. Perhaps I can come back later and tell you about the camera and the High Res screen and the speed of this tablet.
     What really worries me right now is if my I-Pad 2 will still be a viable entity. We shall see about that in Chapter 2 of...As The Tablet Turns.
    From the author's green retreat, I'm CE Wills.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Kill A Lobster (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. I had not planned on posting tonight but I have to make something right. I gave Shadowgun a good review last night but I didn't do it justice. Tonight I got past the vicious Cyber Lobster and went on to play a lot more. This is a terrific game! Last night I would have rated it 4 stars out of 5. Tonight I give it 5 stars out of 5. By the way, here's a spoiler alert. If you don't want to know how to kill the lobster, don't read any further. I say this because I had several people come to the blog that were looking for the silver bullet ( figure of speech from old Dracula movies, not literal weapon for lobster) to kill this behemoth.      When the monster appears, he starts firing missiles at you out of his mechanical mouth. Don't run and hide behind a barrier. Get close to him and run back and forth, dodging missiles until you can blast the lime colored ball of light that appears periodically over his head. I suspect that this is hi...

Dr. Simon's Exoskeleton (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. Nice to be back with you after a tough, hectic week. We have had some snow, sleet, fog, drizzle, torrential rain and flooding this week.      I'd like to talk, yet again, about Shadowgun , the shooter game for I-Padster. I was much further along than what I thought when I posted about some of the battles yet to be faced for those of you who had just killed the Driller. The fact is that I am on the last level. This level has Dr. Simon, the resident evil nutcase, inhabiting a monstrous, powerful robot. His brain resides in a bubble on top, much like a cherry on a hot fudge Sunday. (Yes, I am still on my eating binge) It is a tremendous fight because you not only have to kill this huge semi-person, but there are a bunch of mutant guards, flying drones etc. to deal with at the same time. I had played the darn level about thirty times and decided to check out someone else's battle. So I went to You-Tube and typed in, Dr. Simon Exoskelet...

Shadowgun: Killing The Windbreaker

    Hey, everyone. I thought it might be a good time for a bit of an update on the riveting game called Shadowgun. Consider this your spoiler alert and tune out if you want to.     Once you get past the dreaded Driller, things get better but you are certainly not out of the woods. You will want to make sure you keep a full clip in your gun as you stroll through the realm of the evil and crazy Dr. Simon. But hey, you're John Slade, the Shadowgun, and wherever you set your foot is the place to which your authority extends.      I love the way that some of the barriers disintegrate under the impact of bullets. I didn't learn this at my mother's knee but I darn sure know it now. I have learned that there are certain places it is good to plan on using the rocket launcher. Keep your stock of those filled. There are these transporter guys who are aggressive punks. The only way they respect you is if you kill them, so that's the way I roll. As...