Skip to main content

Born To Be Mild

    Hey, everyone. I was out late tonight and enjoyed driving home. It was a pretty night with warm temperatures and the mountains as a backdrop for my music. I was just cruising along, very relaxed, until I started to listen to some of that music. You know, some of that driving music from the sixties.
   Get your motor running
   Head Out On the Highway
   Looking for adventure
   And whatever comes our way
Yes, you're right, that is Steppenwolf, with Born to be Wild. Great song, from the Easy Rider movie soundtrack. Peter Fonda starred as a dude who was touring around the USA on a motorcycle. A young Jack Nicholson played a small town lawyer in the film and Dennis Hopper was Peter's pard. Try it some time. It was considered very cool at the time but to the casual, modern eye, it will perhaps seem a little silly.
    So, I drove the mountain roads quite fast for a while until I started listening to slower songs like Kentucky Rain by Mister Presley.
Seven lonely days
And a dozen towns ago
I reached out one night and you were gone,
Don't know why you'd run, what you're running to, or from
All I know is, I want to bring you home.
     This is a song about a guy who is hitch-hiking around, searching for his woman. Since I have hitched all over the USA, back in my youth, I relate to this song.
With the rain in my shoes... (I can, again, relate).
     But, I am older now and very mellow. No longer do I search for adventure. In fact, I could change the words to Steppenwolf's song to Born To Be Mild.
     I had just backed off on my speed when a herd of deer appeared on the side of the road, about to cross in front of me. I slowed almost to a stop and eased past the bounders. I thought to myself, "Now there are some things that can truly say that they are born to be wild". Actually, deer can't talk, but if they could, they would declare that they are indeed wild.
    As for me, I am more of a recliner man, these days.
     If you need a free game for the weekend, try a shooter game called The Last Defender. In this game, you are in a gun emplacement. You are faced with the arduous task of shooting it out in a war. There are tanks, jeeps, men, helos and other things. Change weapons and buy ammo, then do another mission. It is a fun game and free. You'll enjoy it. It is neither deep or gorgeously endowed with graphics, but it is okay.
    Well, it is time for bed and I am weary. Good night from the author's green retreat. I am CE Wills.
P.S. The picture was taken in a rest stop in Colorado. The bronco was obviously glad to see me. He could certainly be described as "Born to be wild". Of course, if a human had painted pictures on my bod, I'd be wild too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Kill A Lobster (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. I had not planned on posting tonight but I have to make something right. I gave Shadowgun a good review last night but I didn't do it justice. Tonight I got past the vicious Cyber Lobster and went on to play a lot more. This is a terrific game! Last night I would have rated it 4 stars out of 5. Tonight I give it 5 stars out of 5. By the way, here's a spoiler alert. If you don't want to know how to kill the lobster, don't read any further. I say this because I had several people come to the blog that were looking for the silver bullet ( figure of speech from old Dracula movies, not literal weapon for lobster) to kill this behemoth.      When the monster appears, he starts firing missiles at you out of his mechanical mouth. Don't run and hide behind a barrier. Get close to him and run back and forth, dodging missiles until you can blast the lime colored ball of light that appears periodically over his head. I suspect that this is hi...

Dr. Simon's Exoskeleton (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. Nice to be back with you after a tough, hectic week. We have had some snow, sleet, fog, drizzle, torrential rain and flooding this week.      I'd like to talk, yet again, about Shadowgun , the shooter game for I-Padster. I was much further along than what I thought when I posted about some of the battles yet to be faced for those of you who had just killed the Driller. The fact is that I am on the last level. This level has Dr. Simon, the resident evil nutcase, inhabiting a monstrous, powerful robot. His brain resides in a bubble on top, much like a cherry on a hot fudge Sunday. (Yes, I am still on my eating binge) It is a tremendous fight because you not only have to kill this huge semi-person, but there are a bunch of mutant guards, flying drones etc. to deal with at the same time. I had played the darn level about thirty times and decided to check out someone else's battle. So I went to You-Tube and typed in, Dr. Simon Exoskelet...

Shadowgun: Killing The Windbreaker

    Hey, everyone. I thought it might be a good time for a bit of an update on the riveting game called Shadowgun. Consider this your spoiler alert and tune out if you want to.     Once you get past the dreaded Driller, things get better but you are certainly not out of the woods. You will want to make sure you keep a full clip in your gun as you stroll through the realm of the evil and crazy Dr. Simon. But hey, you're John Slade, the Shadowgun, and wherever you set your foot is the place to which your authority extends.      I love the way that some of the barriers disintegrate under the impact of bullets. I didn't learn this at my mother's knee but I darn sure know it now. I have learned that there are certain places it is good to plan on using the rocket launcher. Keep your stock of those filled. There are these transporter guys who are aggressive punks. The only way they respect you is if you kill them, so that's the way I roll. As...