Skip to main content

Compensatory Dreams

    Sometimes, after a bad day, you have a dream that tends to make up for your struggles just a bit. Last night, for unknown reasons, I had a really cool dream. You folks that are professional or amateur shrinks will enjoy this one.
    My wife and I had just moved into a new home. There was almost no furniture in the place. My keyboard was there and a few other things. I remember the keyboard specifically because of the unique visitors that dropped by. John Lennon and Ringo Starr were the visitors. John was goofing around with the keyboard and he and I were having a bit of a problem getting the sound system the way we wanted it. I remember thinking, "Here I have Ringo at the house and I don't have any freaking drums for him to play. Two years ago I started to buy a set of electronic drums; I wish now that I had." The question begs to be asked, "Would Ringo even play a set of those?"
     I was completely at ease in the dream and it didn't bother me to play in front of company. In one part of the dream I was about to request a specific song from John. You might think Imagine but I was planning on asking him to do Rock And Roll Music, the good rocker that I loved from my teen years. Hey, if Elvis showed up, you'd have to hear Hound-dog, right?
    When I woke up I was savoring the memory of the dream. I'm sure that the vagaries of the mind had arranged the dream because of my post on the blog about the two visitors coming over while I was playing Beatles songs on the keyboard. It kind of 'bugs' me a bit that I didn't just chat with the guys about life, philosophy or their experiences. Have you ever thought about how musicians and famous people have very little interaction with strangers that is not influenced by their gifts? I'm sure they get sick of talking about the same things. They are, after all, just people.
    Oh, wow! It just occurred to me that I was talking about bugs on yesterday's post, and about the bug listening to me play Beatles tunes, and Beetles are bugs, then I dream about the Beatles visiting the house. This is bordering on some kind of Zen experience. Maybe the Zen squirrel that I wrote about has arranged this? I wonder if there is anything significant about the fact that one of the visiting rockers is now dead and the other is still alive. Why not George or Paul? Were they too busy to appear in the dream? Do I feel more of an affinity to Ringo and John?
    Sorry, just having a bit of a 'drama queen' moment. I do wonder, if I had placed 4 pictures of bugs on the blog yesterday, would I have dreamed about the whole group?
   One thing about musical people, they instantly have something to talk about and a common ground when they meet. Another thing, accomplished musicians are very tolerant of beginners, because they have been there. If they can't help you, they at least won't berate you for your lack of skill. It is a sort of fraternal thing. Even if one of them is John Lennon.
    CE Wills.
P.SSSSS.
    I didn't publish the post this morning when I typed it so I think I'll add a bit to it. I had a nice session on keyboard after I typed about the dream. I really enjoyed it. Then I fixed some breakfast for myself. (My wife is working today). I fixed bacon, fried eggs and toast with apple jelly. I drank some milk with it. Then I got a bit cocky and decided to dust off my guitar and try a few chords. Goodness, that brought me back to earth with a thud. I am beginning to despair about being able to express myself through that medium. Sigh.
    Just in case you wonder about it, here's how I'll probably spend the rest of my day. Since my wife works full time, as do I, I plan on doing the washing today. I try to do things around the house to help her out. I need to make some tea, also. We drink a lot of tea. Then I plan on finishing the book by Orson Scott Card which I mentioned previously. (The Lost Gate) Ah, the glamorous life of a writer!
    What I really need to do is put my other books on Amazon today. The problem is this: They have changed the requirements a bit and I just don't want to mess with it. I also need to get busy writing the fourth and final novel of the Centaur series. I have about a third of it written. If I croak, I'd like to know that I have given resolution and finality to all my characters. It gets to the point where you feel like you know them, even though they don't exist. Sort of like imaginary friends. I hate to think of someone, many years from now, finishing volume 3 and thinking, "Wish I knew what happened to Mandy, Dalton and Dotel." The problem is that my drive and motivation seems to be submerged in a sea of apathy. Whatever.
   From the author's green retreat, I'm CE Wills.
P.P.S. Sorry about the rather silly post.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shadowgun: Killing The Windbreaker

    Hey, everyone. I thought it might be a good time for a bit of an update on the riveting game called Shadowgun. Consider this your spoiler alert and tune out if you want to.     Once you get past the dreaded Driller, things get better but you are certainly not out of the woods. You will want to make sure you keep a full clip in your gun as you stroll through the realm of the evil and crazy Dr. Simon. But hey, you're John Slade, the Shadowgun, and wherever you set your foot is the place to which your authority extends.      I love the way that some of the barriers disintegrate under the impact of bullets. I didn't learn this at my mother's knee but I darn sure know it now. I have learned that there are certain places it is good to plan on using the rocket launcher. Keep your stock of those filled. There are these transporter guys who are aggressive punks. The only way they respect you is if you kill them, so that's the way I roll. As you know by now, their strategy

Shadowgun: Crushing The Driller On Level 4

      Hey, everyone. Let's talk about the game called Shadowgun, the I-Pad game with which I have a love-hate relationship. Most of you who made it past the evil Cyber Lobster are doubtless locked in a death struggle with the Driller at the end of level 4. At this point you have been in the cave for a long time. The Driller breaks through the rock wall and chases you through the tunnel as you try to shoot out the green lights which slows the Driller down. If you are slick enough to shoot out all the lights and emerge from the cave, a rolling door crashes on the Driller and crushes his aggravating carcass. I have tried and failed to beat the Driller at least 250 times. I hate the Driller to the heights and depths my soul can reach. I hate it like a plague. I hate it with intensity of feeling. I hate it like a rich man hates taxes. Excuse me, I got carried away.       We had a big dinner here at the green retreat and my friend Trevor was here today. He is my gaming consultant. I tol

To Kill A Lobster (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. I had not planned on posting tonight but I have to make something right. I gave Shadowgun a good review last night but I didn't do it justice. Tonight I got past the vicious Cyber Lobster and went on to play a lot more. This is a terrific game! Last night I would have rated it 4 stars out of 5. Tonight I give it 5 stars out of 5. By the way, here's a spoiler alert. If you don't want to know how to kill the lobster, don't read any further. I say this because I had several people come to the blog that were looking for the silver bullet ( figure of speech from old Dracula movies, not literal weapon for lobster) to kill this behemoth.      When the monster appears, he starts firing missiles at you out of his mechanical mouth. Don't run and hide behind a barrier. Get close to him and run back and forth, dodging missiles until you can blast the lime colored ball of light that appears periodically over his head. I suspect that this is his AI, but Cybe