Skip to main content

Game Review: Robo Sockets


Hey, everyone. Our friends at Tatum Games have released another good game for I-Pad. It's called Robo Sockets, Link Me Up. It has a free version and the paid version is 99 cents. If you're like me, you'll probably try the free version, then buy the full version. Here's the recipe. You have a vertical board onto which these robots are falling. They have faces and little socket arms sticking out. Sometimes they stick out on top of the robot. Sometimes they stick out on one, or both sides. Sometimes they protrude from the bottom or heck, all sides.
Your mission is to link up these sockets until you get 5 robots hooked up which is when they hit critical mass and explode. This is good because it gets the little boogers out of your way. If they pile up too high and interfere with the new robots falling in, it's game over.
One thing I like about this game is the fact that it changes as you go along. For instance, you begin to get things like a bomb that destroys a whole level of robots at once. ( See? They understand the male gamer, you have to have some stuff to blow up or shoot.) There is also a device that falls in line with other robots but then it extends outward, smashing robots out the sides of the screen. Later you get this big drill that comes down and drills through anything beneath it, ridding you of a number of space-eating robots.
At one point you begin to receive a closed container with a question mark on it. Inside will be a robot, but you won't know where its hook-ups are until you set it down.
The bottom line is this: another good game from Tatum games. It's not as good as Carnivores, but then, what is? Except for Rage, of course.
From the author's green retreat, I'm CE Wills.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Kill A Lobster (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. I had not planned on posting tonight but I have to make something right. I gave Shadowgun a good review last night but I didn't do it justice. Tonight I got past the vicious Cyber Lobster and went on to play a lot more. This is a terrific game! Last night I would have rated it 4 stars out of 5. Tonight I give it 5 stars out of 5. By the way, here's a spoiler alert. If you don't want to know how to kill the lobster, don't read any further. I say this because I had several people come to the blog that were looking for the silver bullet ( figure of speech from old Dracula movies, not literal weapon for lobster) to kill this behemoth.      When the monster appears, he starts firing missiles at you out of his mechanical mouth. Don't run and hide behind a barrier. Get close to him and run back and forth, dodging missiles until you can blast the lime colored ball of light that appears periodically over his head. I suspect that this is hi...

Dr. Simon's Exoskeleton (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. Nice to be back with you after a tough, hectic week. We have had some snow, sleet, fog, drizzle, torrential rain and flooding this week.      I'd like to talk, yet again, about Shadowgun , the shooter game for I-Padster. I was much further along than what I thought when I posted about some of the battles yet to be faced for those of you who had just killed the Driller. The fact is that I am on the last level. This level has Dr. Simon, the resident evil nutcase, inhabiting a monstrous, powerful robot. His brain resides in a bubble on top, much like a cherry on a hot fudge Sunday. (Yes, I am still on my eating binge) It is a tremendous fight because you not only have to kill this huge semi-person, but there are a bunch of mutant guards, flying drones etc. to deal with at the same time. I had played the darn level about thirty times and decided to check out someone else's battle. So I went to You-Tube and typed in, Dr. Simon Exoskelet...

Shadowgun: Killing The Windbreaker

    Hey, everyone. I thought it might be a good time for a bit of an update on the riveting game called Shadowgun. Consider this your spoiler alert and tune out if you want to.     Once you get past the dreaded Driller, things get better but you are certainly not out of the woods. You will want to make sure you keep a full clip in your gun as you stroll through the realm of the evil and crazy Dr. Simon. But hey, you're John Slade, the Shadowgun, and wherever you set your foot is the place to which your authority extends.      I love the way that some of the barriers disintegrate under the impact of bullets. I didn't learn this at my mother's knee but I darn sure know it now. I have learned that there are certain places it is good to plan on using the rocket launcher. Keep your stock of those filled. There are these transporter guys who are aggressive punks. The only way they respect you is if you kill them, so that's the way I roll. As...