Skip to main content

Hard To Find A Title For This Mess

    Hey, everyone. This is an old logging road that crosses my property. In my book entitled Karina's Journal, Miller gets attacked by a mountain lion at a place inspired by this locale. Just over that little crest there is where my wife and I had the showdown with a real mountain lion. Trust me, I'd rather write about them than face them. Every time I walk by the area, I think about the aggressive kitty. I find it interesting that I wrote the story before we knew there were any mountain lions within 1000 miles of here. Wild, huh?
    I did almost nothing today. I had lots of stuff I needed to do. That's okay, I'll try to get a bunch done tomorrow.
     We have a game on our I-Pads called Fragger and it's a good game. We bought the game and tonight my wife had just beat a level and got this commercial urging her to download a game. She's played Fragger for a year, I guess. How is it that greed talks people into this kind of thing? If you irritate your customers, what have you accomplished? If Apple allows this sort of practice to continue it's going to cost them some money. Speaking of money, I understand that Apple's app store now has about 500,000 apps on it. Yeah, there's an app for that, whatever 'that' is.
     Since I mentioned I-Pad games, let me go ahead and tell you about a dumb move I made. I've been playing Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12 quite a bit and I really like it. I bought it on sale for 99 cents and it's on sale this weekend also. Well, I was having a bad night and got in a hurry and really butchered a round of golf. I just wanted out of it and I couldn't find anywhere on the game just to quit. How's that for realism? They insist you do the honorable and mature thing and finish the round, I suppose. Can't disappoint the fans, right? To be clever I just deleted the game and downloaded it again, hoping to start fresh. Ha, ha. I really started fresh. I lost all my built-up handicap, power and accuracy. Now I'm like a rookie on the tour. Very discouraging. Next thing you know they'll include penalizing myself for an unintentional movement of the ball.
     Anyone from Taiwan that just bought your I-Pad 2? I understand that the device went on sale today at that locale. Welcome to the blog.
    I'd like to thank a German web site called Padgames.de for giving my blog a link on their site. I really appreciate it, guys.
    Do you believe how fast the e-book thing is exploding? Amazon now says that they are selling more e-books than paper books. I was looking at my author page on Amazon and noticed that people who bought my books also liked books by Lee Child. So, I downloaded a few samples of his novels and plan to check them out. I really need some different writers. When a guy catches himself reading the same books over and over it is probably because he has been disappointed a lot. When you pay good money for books and they are unreadable that is a major drag. That's a great thing about the free sample scenario for e-books. Try before you buy. Now you can try bunches of writers and pick out a few new people without being ripped off. Of course, I've been married to the same woman for nearly 4 decades so I guess that when I find a really good author I really stick with them. It must be in my nature to adhere to tried and proven people, and things.
    Hey, that bit of home-spun philosophy reminds me of something I heard. I heard this guy say, " The outside of a person's house looks just like the inside of their soul". Gee, I guess I'll go to bed so I can get up and clean up my yard.
      From the author's green retreat, I'm CE Wills.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dr. Simon's Exoskeleton (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. Nice to be back with you after a tough, hectic week. We have had some snow, sleet, fog, drizzle, torrential rain and flooding this week.      I'd like to talk, yet again, about Shadowgun , the shooter game for I-Padster. I was much further along than what I thought when I posted about some of the battles yet to be faced for those of you who had just killed the Driller. The fact is that I am on the last level. This level has Dr. Simon, the resident evil nutcase, inhabiting a monstrous, powerful robot. His brain resides in a bubble on top, much like a cherry on a hot fudge Sunday. (Yes, I am still on my eating binge) It is a tremendous fight because you not only have to kill this huge semi-person, but there are a bunch of mutant guards, flying drones etc. to deal with at the same time. I had played the darn level about thirty times and decided to check out someone else's battle. So I went to You-Tube and typed in, Dr. Simon Exoskelet...

To Kill A Lobster (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. I had not planned on posting tonight but I have to make something right. I gave Shadowgun a good review last night but I didn't do it justice. Tonight I got past the vicious Cyber Lobster and went on to play a lot more. This is a terrific game! Last night I would have rated it 4 stars out of 5. Tonight I give it 5 stars out of 5. By the way, here's a spoiler alert. If you don't want to know how to kill the lobster, don't read any further. I say this because I had several people come to the blog that were looking for the silver bullet ( figure of speech from old Dracula movies, not literal weapon for lobster) to kill this behemoth.      When the monster appears, he starts firing missiles at you out of his mechanical mouth. Don't run and hide behind a barrier. Get close to him and run back and forth, dodging missiles until you can blast the lime colored ball of light that appears periodically over his head. I suspect that this is hi...

Shadowgun: Killing The Windbreaker

    Hey, everyone. I thought it might be a good time for a bit of an update on the riveting game called Shadowgun. Consider this your spoiler alert and tune out if you want to.     Once you get past the dreaded Driller, things get better but you are certainly not out of the woods. You will want to make sure you keep a full clip in your gun as you stroll through the realm of the evil and crazy Dr. Simon. But hey, you're John Slade, the Shadowgun, and wherever you set your foot is the place to which your authority extends.      I love the way that some of the barriers disintegrate under the impact of bullets. I didn't learn this at my mother's knee but I darn sure know it now. I have learned that there are certain places it is good to plan on using the rocket launcher. Keep your stock of those filled. There are these transporter guys who are aggressive punks. The only way they respect you is if you kill them, so that's the way I roll. As...