Skip to main content

Amazon Night

    Hey, everyone. I've been putting off the uploading of several books to Amazon because they have changed the procedure somewhat. I had 3 novels over there and they were selling better there than some other places. Last night, late, I finally got to work on it and started uploading those bad boys. I actually submitted 5 new works. Three were novels, one was a novelette and one was a short story. I just went over to the site and noticed they had published them live, for which I am grateful.
    I have been working on adding a feed for my blog so that every post I complete will automatically go to my Amazon Author Page. I'm not a really great computer person so it took me a little while to get it done, but now all the posts should appear both places. Unfortunately, all the cool posts of the past, such as Footsteps On The Roof, won't be printed over on Amazon unless I reissue them on The Author's Green Retreat. So I'd like to invite all the Amazon visitors to go to my blog and browse.
    From what I can gather, in order for you to publish short stories on Kindle Singles, you have to submit them via email, rather than through the normal channel of Digital Text Platform. My plan is to submit several short stories over there in the near future. It should be an interesting and rewarding experience. As I mentioned the other day, I saw that David Baldacci had sold 50,000 copies of a short story in its first week on Kindle Singles.     My next computer related challenge is how to figure out the right way to post a link from The Author's Green Retreat to my Amazon Author's Page. I think I've done everything right but the link still fails.
    Life is far from boring for me at the moment. I am renovating a house, writing a blog, publishing and promoting books, and doing some writing. I am about a third of the way through the fourth and final Centaur novel called Matilda's Bones, in which I'll wrap up the stories of all those characters that have become so real to me. (That's the series that begins with The Dan Tattoo, by the way.) Also, in the development stage is the sequel to my sci-fi novelette The Amulet Covenant. Just to round out the days I work a full time job. Whew!
     Well, the hour is late so I'll bid you a goodnight from the author's green retreat.
    I'm CE Wills.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Kill A Lobster (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. I had not planned on posting tonight but I have to make something right. I gave Shadowgun a good review last night but I didn't do it justice. Tonight I got past the vicious Cyber Lobster and went on to play a lot more. This is a terrific game! Last night I would have rated it 4 stars out of 5. Tonight I give it 5 stars out of 5. By the way, here's a spoiler alert. If you don't want to know how to kill the lobster, don't read any further. I say this because I had several people come to the blog that were looking for the silver bullet ( figure of speech from old Dracula movies, not literal weapon for lobster) to kill this behemoth.      When the monster appears, he starts firing missiles at you out of his mechanical mouth. Don't run and hide behind a barrier. Get close to him and run back and forth, dodging missiles until you can blast the lime colored ball of light that appears periodically over his head. I suspect that this is hi...

Dr. Simon's Exoskeleton (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. Nice to be back with you after a tough, hectic week. We have had some snow, sleet, fog, drizzle, torrential rain and flooding this week.      I'd like to talk, yet again, about Shadowgun , the shooter game for I-Padster. I was much further along than what I thought when I posted about some of the battles yet to be faced for those of you who had just killed the Driller. The fact is that I am on the last level. This level has Dr. Simon, the resident evil nutcase, inhabiting a monstrous, powerful robot. His brain resides in a bubble on top, much like a cherry on a hot fudge Sunday. (Yes, I am still on my eating binge) It is a tremendous fight because you not only have to kill this huge semi-person, but there are a bunch of mutant guards, flying drones etc. to deal with at the same time. I had played the darn level about thirty times and decided to check out someone else's battle. So I went to You-Tube and typed in, Dr. Simon Exoskelet...

Shadowgun: Killing The Windbreaker

    Hey, everyone. I thought it might be a good time for a bit of an update on the riveting game called Shadowgun. Consider this your spoiler alert and tune out if you want to.     Once you get past the dreaded Driller, things get better but you are certainly not out of the woods. You will want to make sure you keep a full clip in your gun as you stroll through the realm of the evil and crazy Dr. Simon. But hey, you're John Slade, the Shadowgun, and wherever you set your foot is the place to which your authority extends.      I love the way that some of the barriers disintegrate under the impact of bullets. I didn't learn this at my mother's knee but I darn sure know it now. I have learned that there are certain places it is good to plan on using the rocket launcher. Keep your stock of those filled. There are these transporter guys who are aggressive punks. The only way they respect you is if you kill them, so that's the way I roll. As...