Skip to main content

Bill Murray And Tiger Woods

    One of the greatest movies of all time was Caddy Shack with a veritable who's who of comedy talent that included Bill Murray, Chevy Chase and Rodney Dangerfield. For the purposes of this blog, Bill Murray was the central character, or rather, he stole the entire movie by his brilliant portrayal of a grungy groundskeeper at a posh country club.
    One of the most endearing moments of the movie came when Bill Murray was fantasizing about being a great golfer, playing and winning the Masters. He was whispering to himself.
"It's the rookie sensation, came out of nowhere. He now stands over this final putt with the championship within his grasp. A hush falls over the crowd."
    Last night I was playing my I-Pad game called Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12. Though initially very difficult, I am beginning to get the hang of it. Coincidentally, I am beginning to enjoy the game very much.
    I'm learning the nuances of the game. For instance, I can fade a drive to the right on a dog-leg hole or draw a ball to the left. If I'm in the rough, I'll typically go one club up from their recommendation to prevent coming up short.
   When you play this game, you choose an avatar. For a while I used Paula Creamer, because she's so darn good-looking, then I switched to Tiger Woods. With Paula, every club came up short, way short. Not so with Tiger. With the length of his drives, I can see how he'd have a big advantage. I routinely boomed 300 yard drives. It's cool to have a par 3 of 330 yards and drive it on the green with the first shot.
    Last night, I played Saint Andrews, a difficult course, at even par. I was really getting into it and caught myself doing the Bill Murray thing from Caddy Shack.
"The rookie stands over his putt, here at the British Open. If he sinks this putt he'll be the British Open Champ..."
    I bought this game on sale for 99 cents. It's an EA game and it's a pleasure. It would be worth the normal price of $9.99.
    Not from the author's green retreat, but from the 18th green, I'm CE Wills.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dr. Simon's Exoskeleton (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. Nice to be back with you after a tough, hectic week. We have had some snow, sleet, fog, drizzle, torrential rain and flooding this week.      I'd like to talk, yet again, about Shadowgun , the shooter game for I-Padster. I was much further along than what I thought when I posted about some of the battles yet to be faced for those of you who had just killed the Driller. The fact is that I am on the last level. This level has Dr. Simon, the resident evil nutcase, inhabiting a monstrous, powerful robot. His brain resides in a bubble on top, much like a cherry on a hot fudge Sunday. (Yes, I am still on my eating binge) It is a tremendous fight because you not only have to kill this huge semi-person, but there are a bunch of mutant guards, flying drones etc. to deal with at the same time. I had played the darn level about thirty times and decided to check out someone else's battle. So I went to You-Tube and typed in, Dr. Simon Exoskelet...

To Kill A Lobster (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. I had not planned on posting tonight but I have to make something right. I gave Shadowgun a good review last night but I didn't do it justice. Tonight I got past the vicious Cyber Lobster and went on to play a lot more. This is a terrific game! Last night I would have rated it 4 stars out of 5. Tonight I give it 5 stars out of 5. By the way, here's a spoiler alert. If you don't want to know how to kill the lobster, don't read any further. I say this because I had several people come to the blog that were looking for the silver bullet ( figure of speech from old Dracula movies, not literal weapon for lobster) to kill this behemoth.      When the monster appears, he starts firing missiles at you out of his mechanical mouth. Don't run and hide behind a barrier. Get close to him and run back and forth, dodging missiles until you can blast the lime colored ball of light that appears periodically over his head. I suspect that this is hi...

Shadowgun: Killing The Windbreaker

    Hey, everyone. I thought it might be a good time for a bit of an update on the riveting game called Shadowgun. Consider this your spoiler alert and tune out if you want to.     Once you get past the dreaded Driller, things get better but you are certainly not out of the woods. You will want to make sure you keep a full clip in your gun as you stroll through the realm of the evil and crazy Dr. Simon. But hey, you're John Slade, the Shadowgun, and wherever you set your foot is the place to which your authority extends.      I love the way that some of the barriers disintegrate under the impact of bullets. I didn't learn this at my mother's knee but I darn sure know it now. I have learned that there are certain places it is good to plan on using the rocket launcher. Keep your stock of those filled. There are these transporter guys who are aggressive punks. The only way they respect you is if you kill them, so that's the way I roll. As...