Skip to main content

New, And Free, I-Pad Games

Hey, everyone. So, you're bored with most of your games? Here's some new ones that you may like. We'll start with Frisbee Forever. It's free and it's fun, which is a lot to say about a game. This quirky little game has nice music and engaging game play. You'll like it. If this game wasn't designed by a dude from California, I would be surprised. Get it on the app store, if you want to. Here's the recipe.
In this game you are a Frisbee thrower who takes on several courses, each with multiple levels. The object of the game is to throw your Frisbee through target rings. Sounds easy, sure, but noooooo. You have the choice of controlling the flight of your disc with your finger or by tilting the device. I opted for using my finger. As your Frisbee flies along, you have the chance to contact these stars. This is important because they give you added distance on the levels with several target rings. The screens are crisp and sharp, with nice colors. I like the encouragement given to poor players like myself, sort of like a kind grandparent would give you.
Like most games, you accumulate points. With the points you can buy new Frisbees. The developers have an in-app purchase deal, which seems to be the norm these days. I understand this and the practice gives us a lot of free games.
This game is one of those games that you can play for a couple of minutes as you stand in line somewhere, or you can play it for an hour. Despite the fact that nothing explodes and there are no guns to shoot Zombies with, I like it. Put it on that shiny new I-Pad you just brought home and have fun. If you want to.
I just realized that it has been a long time since I threw a Frisbee. I think I'm in a bit of a rut.
Another new game for you Padsters is called Paper Toss, World Tour HD. This is the sequel to the popular game where you sit in your office and throw paper wads at the garbage can. "That sounds dumb", you might say, and that is what I said. The truth is, the original game was fun and so is this one. By the way, the original has been downloaded 30,000,000 times.
The new Paper Toss, World Tour, is free. I downloaded it this morning and played through several levels. You have to make 3 consecutive shots before unlocking a new destination. When you do, you hear a jet taking off to give you that traveling vibe. Little things like that make the game fun. For instance, one of the locales is in Egypt, at the pyramids. When the wind gets high, there is a bit of a sandstorm animation which is cool. For those of you who haven't played the original, they change the wind speed and direction constantly which makes it harder to get your three shots in a row. I like the pleasant clunk when you hit the can with your paper wad. When you go to the Taj Mahal the can is sitting in the water and when you miss there is a splash as the paper hits the pool. There is also music, themed to go with the locale. When in Germany, there are steins of beer sitting on the table of an outdoor cafe and some of that beer hall music is playing. Over all, for free, you have to like this game. It is add supported, of course, but you can throw the adds in the virtual trash can for the princely sum of 99 cents.
Another free game that I downloaded this morning is called Trial Extreme. Here's the recipe: You are a motor-cross type, bike-person and you have these courses that you ride. There are jumps, mud holes and numerous wrecks. You tilt the I-Pad to lean the little rag doll dude forward and back which makes him flip or wreck, if you are a mean person. This game is also free and although I haven't played it very much, I think it would be worth your time to try it out on that shiny new I-Pad 2 which you just purchased.
Well, it's almost time to go to work so I will bid you farewell from the green retreat. I'm CE Wills.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shadowgun: Killing The Windbreaker

    Hey, everyone. I thought it might be a good time for a bit of an update on the riveting game called Shadowgun. Consider this your spoiler alert and tune out if you want to.     Once you get past the dreaded Driller, things get better but you are certainly not out of the woods. You will want to make sure you keep a full clip in your gun as you stroll through the realm of the evil and crazy Dr. Simon. But hey, you're John Slade, the Shadowgun, and wherever you set your foot is the place to which your authority extends.      I love the way that some of the barriers disintegrate under the impact of bullets. I didn't learn this at my mother's knee but I darn sure know it now. I have learned that there are certain places it is good to plan on using the rocket launcher. Keep your stock of those filled. There are these transporter guys who are aggressive punks. The only way they respect you is if you kill them, so that's the way I roll. As you know by now, their strategy

Shadowgun: Crushing The Driller On Level 4

      Hey, everyone. Let's talk about the game called Shadowgun, the I-Pad game with which I have a love-hate relationship. Most of you who made it past the evil Cyber Lobster are doubtless locked in a death struggle with the Driller at the end of level 4. At this point you have been in the cave for a long time. The Driller breaks through the rock wall and chases you through the tunnel as you try to shoot out the green lights which slows the Driller down. If you are slick enough to shoot out all the lights and emerge from the cave, a rolling door crashes on the Driller and crushes his aggravating carcass. I have tried and failed to beat the Driller at least 250 times. I hate the Driller to the heights and depths my soul can reach. I hate it like a plague. I hate it with intensity of feeling. I hate it like a rich man hates taxes. Excuse me, I got carried away.       We had a big dinner here at the green retreat and my friend Trevor was here today. He is my gaming consultant. I tol

To Kill A Lobster (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. I had not planned on posting tonight but I have to make something right. I gave Shadowgun a good review last night but I didn't do it justice. Tonight I got past the vicious Cyber Lobster and went on to play a lot more. This is a terrific game! Last night I would have rated it 4 stars out of 5. Tonight I give it 5 stars out of 5. By the way, here's a spoiler alert. If you don't want to know how to kill the lobster, don't read any further. I say this because I had several people come to the blog that were looking for the silver bullet ( figure of speech from old Dracula movies, not literal weapon for lobster) to kill this behemoth.      When the monster appears, he starts firing missiles at you out of his mechanical mouth. Don't run and hide behind a barrier. Get close to him and run back and forth, dodging missiles until you can blast the lime colored ball of light that appears periodically over his head. I suspect that this is his AI, but Cybe