Skip to main content

Kindle Singles

Hey, everyone. I try to keep up with things in the ebook world. I see that Amazon has changed their policy concerning short stories and novelettes on Kindle publishing. They call the new segment Kindle Singles. This is a great option for the many people who prefer short stories and a great opportunity for authors to make some money. I understand that David Baldacci's short story sold 50,000 copies in the first week at the modest price of 99 cents. Previously, ebooks had to be novel length. I have three novels over there out of my 6 or 8 total. I forget how many I have written at the moment. I have been over there tonight, preparing to upload all the others, which are already at I-Books, Smashwords, Kobo, Sony, Diesel and a few other places. The problem is, I have forgotten all the details of uploading to Amazon and I will have to relearn it, which is a drag. I have to change the file format to DOC and to do that I have to go through some old stuff that instructed me how to do that. Plus I have to change the title pages, page breaks between chapters and a number of other things.
Of course, all of this is relatively minor compared to getting a book published the traditional way. The thing is, Smashwords is having a problem getting together with Amazon and I want all my books on Amazon, since it is the biggest market on Earth. I also want to explore the short story market as I enjoy writing short stories. Seems like I have a lot of stuff going on for many months now.
I am surprised about the amount of time I put into this blog. It is sort of like the guy who buys an older home for nostalgia reasons, then discovers that it is almost a full time job to keep it in good shape. When I retire it will probably be nice to have so many forms of diversion. All this should keep me out of the pool hall, as the old saying goes.
From the author's green retreat, I'm CE Wills.
P.S. I'd like to thank Marsha Ward for her kind review over on Smashwords. She submitted it for my new short story titled Shenandoah. Marsha is an author, with her books on sale at Smashwords and other spots. She makes her home in Phoenix Arizona. I went to Phoenix for a job interview, once upon a time. Wish I had taken that job at Palo Verde Nuclear Plant. I really like that area.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dr. Simon's Exoskeleton (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. Nice to be back with you after a tough, hectic week. We have had some snow, sleet, fog, drizzle, torrential rain and flooding this week.      I'd like to talk, yet again, about Shadowgun , the shooter game for I-Padster. I was much further along than what I thought when I posted about some of the battles yet to be faced for those of you who had just killed the Driller. The fact is that I am on the last level. This level has Dr. Simon, the resident evil nutcase, inhabiting a monstrous, powerful robot. His brain resides in a bubble on top, much like a cherry on a hot fudge Sunday. (Yes, I am still on my eating binge) It is a tremendous fight because you not only have to kill this huge semi-person, but there are a bunch of mutant guards, flying drones etc. to deal with at the same time. I had played the darn level about thirty times and decided to check out someone else's battle. So I went to You-Tube and typed in, Dr. Simon Exoskelet...

To Kill A Lobster (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. I had not planned on posting tonight but I have to make something right. I gave Shadowgun a good review last night but I didn't do it justice. Tonight I got past the vicious Cyber Lobster and went on to play a lot more. This is a terrific game! Last night I would have rated it 4 stars out of 5. Tonight I give it 5 stars out of 5. By the way, here's a spoiler alert. If you don't want to know how to kill the lobster, don't read any further. I say this because I had several people come to the blog that were looking for the silver bullet ( figure of speech from old Dracula movies, not literal weapon for lobster) to kill this behemoth.      When the monster appears, he starts firing missiles at you out of his mechanical mouth. Don't run and hide behind a barrier. Get close to him and run back and forth, dodging missiles until you can blast the lime colored ball of light that appears periodically over his head. I suspect that this is hi...

Shadowgun: Killing The Windbreaker

    Hey, everyone. I thought it might be a good time for a bit of an update on the riveting game called Shadowgun. Consider this your spoiler alert and tune out if you want to.     Once you get past the dreaded Driller, things get better but you are certainly not out of the woods. You will want to make sure you keep a full clip in your gun as you stroll through the realm of the evil and crazy Dr. Simon. But hey, you're John Slade, the Shadowgun, and wherever you set your foot is the place to which your authority extends.      I love the way that some of the barriers disintegrate under the impact of bullets. I didn't learn this at my mother's knee but I darn sure know it now. I have learned that there are certain places it is good to plan on using the rocket launcher. Keep your stock of those filled. There are these transporter guys who are aggressive punks. The only way they respect you is if you kill them, so that's the way I roll. As...