Skip to main content

Ninja Ticks?

    Hey, everyone. Well, it was a rainy evening here at the green retreat. We had a couple of visitors drop by without calling first, but it didn't bug me. One of them was a skinny lady with long legs. The other lady was wearing a green cape, very fashionable. I suspect she wasn't from around here. The one with the skinny legs was peeking in the back door as I was playing a few Beatles tunes on keyboard. I figure that Ticket To Ride struck some memory deep within her.
  The insects are incredible here at the green retreat. Ticks are particularly bad this spring. I pulled 3 of the little suckers off me after I returned from the woods the other day. This morning I took a big pair of hedge trimmers down our trail and cut back some tree limbs so that the hitch-hikers would have to be more athletic to get on us. Sometimes they will jump out of this hickory tree that hangs above the deck and get on you. I don't really think they jump, like a ninja tick or something. I guess they just fall down. I question the manners of anything that makes a living the way this species does. I guess everyone has some baggage.    
    Speaking of baggage, I see that the TV show by that name is into re-runs. We sort of miss this terrific show and I'll be glad to see Jerry Springer crank up a bunch of new daters. After spending a long time on this earth I thought I was past the point of being surprised about people, but some of these folks have really odd quirks. I suppose we all do. The thing is, if you carry a suitcase long enough it doesn't look that strange to you. Ha, ha. Like the lady with the long legs, in the above photo. She's got a ticket to ride, and she don't care.
    I'm CE Wills.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dr. Simon's Exoskeleton (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. Nice to be back with you after a tough, hectic week. We have had some snow, sleet, fog, drizzle, torrential rain and flooding this week.      I'd like to talk, yet again, about Shadowgun , the shooter game for I-Padster. I was much further along than what I thought when I posted about some of the battles yet to be faced for those of you who had just killed the Driller. The fact is that I am on the last level. This level has Dr. Simon, the resident evil nutcase, inhabiting a monstrous, powerful robot. His brain resides in a bubble on top, much like a cherry on a hot fudge Sunday. (Yes, I am still on my eating binge) It is a tremendous fight because you not only have to kill this huge semi-person, but there are a bunch of mutant guards, flying drones etc. to deal with at the same time. I had played the darn level about thirty times and decided to check out someone else's battle. So I went to You-Tube and typed in, Dr. Simon Exoskelet...

To Kill A Lobster (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. I had not planned on posting tonight but I have to make something right. I gave Shadowgun a good review last night but I didn't do it justice. Tonight I got past the vicious Cyber Lobster and went on to play a lot more. This is a terrific game! Last night I would have rated it 4 stars out of 5. Tonight I give it 5 stars out of 5. By the way, here's a spoiler alert. If you don't want to know how to kill the lobster, don't read any further. I say this because I had several people come to the blog that were looking for the silver bullet ( figure of speech from old Dracula movies, not literal weapon for lobster) to kill this behemoth.      When the monster appears, he starts firing missiles at you out of his mechanical mouth. Don't run and hide behind a barrier. Get close to him and run back and forth, dodging missiles until you can blast the lime colored ball of light that appears periodically over his head. I suspect that this is hi...

Shadowgun: Killing The Windbreaker

    Hey, everyone. I thought it might be a good time for a bit of an update on the riveting game called Shadowgun. Consider this your spoiler alert and tune out if you want to.     Once you get past the dreaded Driller, things get better but you are certainly not out of the woods. You will want to make sure you keep a full clip in your gun as you stroll through the realm of the evil and crazy Dr. Simon. But hey, you're John Slade, the Shadowgun, and wherever you set your foot is the place to which your authority extends.      I love the way that some of the barriers disintegrate under the impact of bullets. I didn't learn this at my mother's knee but I darn sure know it now. I have learned that there are certain places it is good to plan on using the rocket launcher. Keep your stock of those filled. There are these transporter guys who are aggressive punks. The only way they respect you is if you kill them, so that's the way I roll. As...