Skip to main content

Come Monday

    Hey, everyone. I was just sitting on the deck, listening to some good tunes and sipping on a Jamaican beer called Red Stripe. It's a heavy beer and I don't drink it very often. When it's right, it's really good. I had been mowing and doing some laborious things which is not my strong suite, but it's my experience that if you're down, start working and you'll come out of your funk.
    The old Jimmy Buffett song came on and I know you'll remember it. Come Monday is a good one. As I sat there listening, I remembered a summer evening with my wife. We were in Illinois for a few months on a contract engineering job. So it was a good opportunity to catch a concert. We went to the north side of Chicago to an open air concert with the beach music king, Mr. Buffett. It was packed out and there were even folks sitting on the grass. They'd even brought their blankets and spread them out. A picnic or two was in progress. Couples were popping a bottle of wine. Although we did not partake, there was considerable smoke drifting about and Buffett said, "Hey, I smell that stuff up here! We're just having a little iced tea on stage." There was a big laugh and he said, "If you believed that, you wouldn't be here."
     The heat of the day was passed away. The sun was setting as Jimmy did Margaritaville (spelling?) and Fins, A Pirate Looks At Forty, He Went To Paris. I had a nice-looking woman with me, more money than I could spend and almost no worries.
    After an extremely tough week, when major plans and dreams were destroyed, it was strengthening to mellow out and think of better times. If I had only known how good and perfect I had it, many times, many places. Suck all the juice out of the good moments of life and don't depend on things always going your way. They certainly will not.
     But hey, Come Monday, It'll Be Alright.
    From the author's green retreat, I'm CE Wills.
P.S. Hey, Jimmy. I love that part where you wrote, "I got my hushpuppies on, guess I never was meant for glitter rock and roll."  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dr. Simon's Exoskeleton (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. Nice to be back with you after a tough, hectic week. We have had some snow, sleet, fog, drizzle, torrential rain and flooding this week.      I'd like to talk, yet again, about Shadowgun , the shooter game for I-Padster. I was much further along than what I thought when I posted about some of the battles yet to be faced for those of you who had just killed the Driller. The fact is that I am on the last level. This level has Dr. Simon, the resident evil nutcase, inhabiting a monstrous, powerful robot. His brain resides in a bubble on top, much like a cherry on a hot fudge Sunday. (Yes, I am still on my eating binge) It is a tremendous fight because you not only have to kill this huge semi-person, but there are a bunch of mutant guards, flying drones etc. to deal with at the same time. I had played the darn level about thirty times and decided to check out someone else's battle. So I went to You-Tube and typed in, Dr. Simon Exoskelet...

To Kill A Lobster (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. I had not planned on posting tonight but I have to make something right. I gave Shadowgun a good review last night but I didn't do it justice. Tonight I got past the vicious Cyber Lobster and went on to play a lot more. This is a terrific game! Last night I would have rated it 4 stars out of 5. Tonight I give it 5 stars out of 5. By the way, here's a spoiler alert. If you don't want to know how to kill the lobster, don't read any further. I say this because I had several people come to the blog that were looking for the silver bullet ( figure of speech from old Dracula movies, not literal weapon for lobster) to kill this behemoth.      When the monster appears, he starts firing missiles at you out of his mechanical mouth. Don't run and hide behind a barrier. Get close to him and run back and forth, dodging missiles until you can blast the lime colored ball of light that appears periodically over his head. I suspect that this is hi...

Shadowgun: Killing The Windbreaker

    Hey, everyone. I thought it might be a good time for a bit of an update on the riveting game called Shadowgun. Consider this your spoiler alert and tune out if you want to.     Once you get past the dreaded Driller, things get better but you are certainly not out of the woods. You will want to make sure you keep a full clip in your gun as you stroll through the realm of the evil and crazy Dr. Simon. But hey, you're John Slade, the Shadowgun, and wherever you set your foot is the place to which your authority extends.      I love the way that some of the barriers disintegrate under the impact of bullets. I didn't learn this at my mother's knee but I darn sure know it now. I have learned that there are certain places it is good to plan on using the rocket launcher. Keep your stock of those filled. There are these transporter guys who are aggressive punks. The only way they respect you is if you kill them, so that's the way I roll. As...